Seeking a solution....

Discussion in 'Health Forum' started by BouncingBoy, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Feb 20, 2019 #1

BouncingBoy

BouncingBoy

BouncingBoy

Formerly known as Dragorat

Got a question for all those with folds & rolls in the belly & thigh areas.My Mousey gets a red rash under her belly.Sometimes it's minor but a lot of the time it gets very red & sore.She uses A & D ointment & that seems to help some but I was wondering if there were any other suggestions that may work better that wouldn't cost an arm or a leg?Appreciate any help given!

2. Feb 20, 2019 #2

LizzieJones

LizzieJones

LizzieJones

Hi Bouncing Boy .... get some Zinc based diaper rash cream for the rash. Make sure the area is cleaned and dried well. Even let it air out for several minutes. Then apply the diaper rash cream. You have to do this daily. I've also found that eliminating all sugar from the diet helps and adding a zinc supplement helps too (50 mg once a day). If I have a particularly stubborn rash I will apply polysporin for a couple days to kill the bacteria on the skin. Edited to add : Also spraying with hydrogen peroxide after cleaning and airing and BEFORE adding the cream helps too.

BigElectricKat and Tad like this.
  3. Mar 15, 2019 #3

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

Ahem Prema Global Moderator

Often the type of rash there is a fungal rash. Keeping things dry helps, also an over the counter anti-fungal like nystatin cream. There is also a powder called Zsorb and there are two types and one helps treat the fungal rash.

She can also take a clean cotton knit material, like an old t-shirt and gently put under her belly to help keep it dry and from chafing. I’ve had several dermatologists suggest this as well as wound care nurses. It really does help if you get it in there smoothly not bunched up. Helps with the pain too

Tad and BigElectricKat like this.