• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Sesame Street to Obama: Don't politicize Big Bird!!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mango

Mustachio Nut
What has happened in the last week?

I thought I was mildly observing a predictable election campaign where a stable American president was in the process of dispatching a shaky gaffe-prone contender full of bluster and was well on his way to a steady re-election. Honestly, I thought Obama had a strong chance of being returned but with a slightly less resounding win than 2008. Now the polls in all swing states are showing Romney level-pegging or pulling ahead.

Maybe Al Gore was right. That freaky Denver altitude has given Obama a week long brain lapse.

Camp DNC's latest desperate attempt to shake Obama out of his poll-slump funk was enlisting non-political Big Bird - a licensed trademark character of Sesame Workshop's Sesame Street, without the organization's consent into its online and broadcast political advertising.

The result -

Sesame Workshop To Obama Campaign: Leave Big Bird Out Of It
http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpoli...op-to-obama-campaign-leave-big-bird-out-of-it

Favorite quote from the post writer - "On Tuesday, Sesame Workshop asked the Obama campaign to take down the ad, essentially saying it didn't have a bird in this fight."

One of the comments in reply offered up: "Big Bird is neither left wing or right wing". :D

I agree. Big Bird is, and should be just what he is: nonpartisan.

:cool:

Latest posts

Back