Sex on Wheels

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

kyle

"Beam me here Scotty"
BMW 507 (1955 - 1959) Like the AC's (turned into Cobras) just with more refined lines and it's a Beamer. Two to three times the price ($10,000) of a triumph or MG back then so ... fell on it's face, only 252 made. Today they are bringing a $1 million plus

Pretty advanced stuff for 1950's

The front suspension had parallel double wishbones with torsion bar springs and an anti-roll bar. The rear suspension had a live axle, also sprung by torsion bars, and located by a Panhard rod and a central, transverse A-arm to control acceleration and braking forces. The brakes were Alfin drum brakes of 284.5 mm (11.2 in) diameter, and power brakes were optional. Late-model 507s had front Girling disc brakes.[citation needed] and Pirelli 185VR16 Cinturato radial tyres.

The engine was BMW's aluminium alloy OHV V8, of 3,168 cubic centimetres (193.3 cu in) displacement, with pushrod-operated overhead valves. It had two Zenith 32NDIX two-barrel carburetors, a chain-driven oil pump, high-lift cams, a different spark advance curve, polished combustion chamber surfaces, and a compression ratio of 7.8:1,[7] yielding 150 metric horsepower (110 kW) DIN at 5,000 rpm.[4][7] It was mated to a close ratio four-speed manual transmission.[7] The standard rear-end ratio was 3.70:1, but ratios of 3.42:1 and 3.90:1 were optional.[2][7] A contemporary road test of a 507 with the standard 3.70:1 final drive was reported in Motor Revue, stating a 0–100 km/h (0–62 mph) acceleration time of 11.1 seconds and a top speed of 122 mph.[11]

Attachments

kyle

"Beam me here Scotty"
Little more editorial freedom here ... Sex on the water.

Fountian boat with twin 502's (all dressed out) ... 1000 HP ... Zoom zoom zoom

Attachments

Last edited:

kyle

"Beam me here Scotty"
2022 Yamaha R1 (1000 cc) 197 HP ... 440 lbs. (stock off the showroom floor) sick power to weight ratio.

There's a form of racing where they take stock R1's and GSXR's and allow changes to the intake, exhaust, ignition, tires, brakes, etc. ... BUT, stock motor internals, transmissions and frame, and yet crank about another 100 HP out of STOCK MOTORS - Bullet proof

R6 is pretty hot too.

Attachments

kyle

"Beam me here Scotty"
Superbird. With a 426 Hemi and that wing (220 MPH). Caused NASCAR to change some rules. Restricter plates, etc.

Funny note, the wedge shaped nose did make it more aerodynamical, but did give an extra
foot across the finish line ... according to some build guys ;)

Attachments

kyle

"Beam me here Scotty"
Ford Boss 429. (Stuffed into a mustang) Built to compete with the Chrysler 426 Hemi and 427 Chevy. Back in the day, NASCAR required 500 be built for the public to qualify for racing.

According to some build guys, street version was detuned too much. Had some flow problems. But, still pretty rare. Pulls stupid numbers today.

Attachments

Donna

Irascible Bee
Ford Boss 429. (Stuffed into a mustang) Built to compete with the Chrysler 426 Hemi and 427 Chevy. Back in the day, NASCAR required 500 be built for the public to qualify for racing.

According to some build guys, street version was detuned too much. Had some flow problems. But, still pretty rare. Pulls stupid numbers today.
BOSS indeed!

Latest posts