• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Should My Weight/BMI Effect Me as A Potential Employee

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryōri

Built Like a Teddy Bear
So here is the whole funtacular story.

I've been out of school for sometime and haven't had a job since. I really love the high seas(damn you Johnny Depp) and figured it would be a treat to work on a cruise line. Well I sent my resume to many of the companies (Disney, Norwegian, Royal Caribbean, etc., etc.) and got pretty far, as far as an interview with 3/4. One of the things about working on a cruise line is that they comply with Coast Guard Standards and you have to apply for a Z-license. They have a strict guideline that need to be approved before you can get said license (which is below) and was even checked out by my physician and was given the okay.

Well since most of these companies are not based inland I had to do a video conference. Everything went well until they mentioned the license. I informed them that I was checked out by my doctor and was given an okay but they seemed very uncomfortable with it. I told them I had been losing weight (not really) and that I would be in ::cough:: ship shape by the time I was ready to depart. They told me thanks, and that I wasn't what they were looking for. Granted it could be my resume but I gave my school career councilor a call and she told me at least one of them told her it was do to my weight and/or BMI even though I was checked out by a doctor. Granted I'm a little pissed but not much I can do about it.

Just wanted to get your guys thought and impressions, good or bad.

View attachment Comply.JPG

Latest posts

Back