• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Should the freedom riders have been armed

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russell Williams

I just finished watching a PBS TV show about the freedom rides. I also got to thinking about this and open carry laws.

The freedom riders riding in interstate transportation were engaged in legal activities. The Supreme Court had twice ordered that restaurants in bus stations engaged in interstate commerce could not be segregated. Therefore anyone engaged in trying to stop the freedom riders was engaged in illegal activity.

When bunch of criminals attacked and burned the Greyhound bus how would the situation have played out if the passengers in the bus, being engaged in legal activity and fearing for their lives, had been armed and started killing as many as possible of the mob that was attacking them? When another bus load made it into one of the southern bus stations and there was a mob waiting and the mob attacked the law-abiding citizens engaged in legal activity would it have been far better if the freedom riders, as they got off the buses, had proceeded to defend themselves by shooting and killing as many of their attackers as possible?

I wonder what the NRA's position is on the above questions. I wonder what the open carry groups opinion is on the above questions.

Latest posts

Back