• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Silhouettes, revisited....

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carol W.

.....A few weeks ago, I posted a thread here complaining that Silhouettes reserved all their prettier stock for the smaller end of plus sizes, and offered only tired old knits to us supersize customers. I now have to take a bit of my complaint back, and here's why:

Last summer, the Silhouettes catalog featured a dress I fell passionately in love with. It was a sleeveless empire dress, made of black gauze, with floral embroidery on the bodice and a little ruffle on the bottom hem. It was all cotton and very long. I tried to order this dress-oh, endless times!-online, but it was always listed as "out of stock". The dress continued to be offered in subsequent catalogs, but was NEVER actually in stock. I cannot tell you how I fumed over this.

Last week, I received a new Summer Sale catalog and lo and behold, there was the exact dress I'd so wanted a year ago! I stalked to the computer, ready to write a VERY hot letter if that dress was "out of stock" again, and I assumed it would be.

But no! The dress listed as available, I ordered it, and it came Saturday. It's a beauty! just what I adore. In hot weather it can be worn as is, and in cooler times, it could be worn over a short or long-sleeved black tee. It will look super with my black fan, parasol, gloves and/or shawl. But it can be presented as more gypsy/hippy than goth as well. I ordered a 6X and it's a little large, but I suspect the 5X might be just a tad too tight.

So I finally got something really nice out of Silhouettes. I am still extremely unhappy about their general selection for my size, but am thrilled to have the dress I wanted for over a year!

Latest posts

Back