• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Spanish artist photoshops celebrities to look fatter

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choudhury

http://www.businessinsider.in/Spani...ebrities-to-look-fat/articleshow/46363323.cms

It seems pretty clear from this that he is not "only" motivated by a desire to challenge popular conceptions of beauty - he sounds like an FA ;)

While digitally altered imagery is nothing new in the FA world, I still find these images striking, because in a roundabout way they reaffirm the oddity of how FAs experience the world of celebrity. E.g., I never found Katy Perry interesting or especially attractive; yet when I see her plumped up like this, suddenly I go, "whoo, hot babe!" It reminds me of when January Jones was made to wear a fat suit on Mad Men - I'd always understood on some intellectual level that she is a "beauty," but never really gave any thought to her looks (although she is a very intriguing character). Yet all of a sudden she shows up in a fat suit, and it's like I was jolted awake: "wow, she is gorgeous!"

An FA in a world of skinny models/actresses/celebrities is constantly wandering through endless media imagery, yet responding to it only vaguely; totally disconnected from what must be the daily, or even hourly, experience of most men. Like I say...odd.

Back