Study Finds that kids overweight/fat more likely to be bullied.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

hal84

The article is on the site and on CNN, after reading it I have come to one conclussion, DUH. Kids will always pick on each other as much as societal influences such as parents, teachers, and other people try to prevent it from occuring. Being overweight, having glasses, being the "smelly" kid in class is always going to come with some jeers from your fellow classmates.

I might be in the minority, but is a study needed to basically confirm that kids are going to bully someone that is different?

indy500tchr

No shit Sherlock! I just had to laugh at even the title of the thread. I can't believe these people would NEED to do a study on this type of thing. What a waste of time and money IMO.

AnnMarie

✰cuddly and terrifying✰
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTT???????

This is news to me. I'm stunned. Stunned, I tell you.

exile in thighville

groups/347570880589/
yeah yeah but still: it's good to have this kind of shit in writing when it comes to courts reviewing fat discrimination cases.

Fat Brian

retarded disfigured clown
I should have named the thread I started about this better, I don't think many people saw it. I was shocked it took a team of scientists and doctors to figure this out but it is nice to have it in writing.

Perry White

Library Editor
What the study shows though is the severity of the bullying. Even when the students had qualities that deter bullies(Good grades for instance) they were still picked on.

tonynyc

Slow Dance Aficionado
Great Ceasar's Ghost

Wonder how much $$$$$ some foundation paid for this study...

Latest posts