• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Sunchokes

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainyday

Departed
A local company here in town offers weekly organic produce delivery (from mostly local growers) at a very reasonable price. Last week's box included something called "sunchokes." I've never heard of them and until I read the packing sheet, I thought they were ginger. The sheet listed a couple of ways to prepare them (boiled or raw in a salad), but I'm not enthused about either.

I can look up recipes on the net--don't need help with that--but I just wondered if anyone here had used them before and had a preparation method they particularly like.

For anyone who's curious, here's what they look like and how one site describes them:

"SUNCHOKE: This is the root tuber of a sunflower plant. Though it is available year round, the sweeter tasting product arrives in the fall and winter. It has a texture like a waterchestnut. The flavor is sweet with a touch of salsify and artichoke hearts. Use in salads and meat dishes."

Latest posts

Back