• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Techies: Laptop advise?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TraciJo67

Time to junk my desktop. We have wireless at home and for ease-of-use, want to get a laptop. Cheap! My son likes to play educational games (oh, who the hell am I kidding about the 'educational' part of that equation) and I use a computer mostly to surf the internet, post on web forums, etc. I thought about the IPAD but think that probably won't be ideal for my little guy.

Haven't a clue as to what kind of operating system/memory/RAM/etc etc I need just to have sufficient 'point and click' speed and to let my little one play his pbskid games. Would really, really appeciate some suggestions on bottom line things I need to consider when purchasing.

First priority for me is low cost. Hoping under $500 (a LOT under even). Second priority is speed of navigating. Third priority would be keyboard layout and user-friendliness for pudgy little tyke fingers.

Back