Terrible Photos Thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
Ms. Brightside - you look great in both pics.

And given the time period represented - what you were wearing then was considered the epitomy of understated, elegant styling. So no need to be ashamed whatsoever, on the contrary. You made the most of what was asked for. (Fashion history is one of my many hobby horses, so I know what I'm talking about).

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
It is crazy how closely you can date prom type photos by the dresses and hair-styles! But I agree with Agouderia, no matter howt the styles look to current eyes, at the time I'm positive nobody would have been anything but envious of how your look :)

For that matter, somewhere I have pictures of my wife in a very similar style of dress, from our first year of dating. I certainly had no complaints about the style at the time!

ETA: I found the photo....not saying it is terrible, just putting it up briefly to give style-solidarity with Ms Brightside (of course, others are free to consider it terrible--the dress was made by her mother to her specs, so combine 19 year old style sense with home-seamstress execution... but my memories are all of being ever so smitten)

MsBrightside

I like your hair in both pictures. :)
Aw, thanks, although I think I look like a brunette French poodle. :p

I would have hit you up so hard if we were in high school together.
Good to know. :batting: Now all we need is a flux capacitor and a DeLorean.

Ms. Brightside - you look great in both pics.

And given the time period represented - what you were wearing then was considered the epitomy of understated, elegant styling. So no need to be ashamed whatsoever, on the contrary. You made the most of what was asked for. (Fashion history is one of my many hobby horses, so I know what I'm talking about).
Thank you for the kind words, especially since I've always been hopeless when it comes to fashion. However, anyone who's ever seen an 80's music video can probably tell that it would have been pretty easy to look understated by comparison. :p

It is crazy how closely you can date prom type photos by the dresses and hair-styles!
I know, right? (1985 in this case.)

But I agree with Agouderia, no matter howt the styles look to current eyes, at the time I'm positive nobody would have been anything but envious of how your look :)

For that matter, somewhere I have pictures of my wife in a very similar style of dress, from our first year of dating. I certainly had no complaints about the style at the time!

ETA: I found the photo....not saying it is terrible, just putting it up briefly to give style-solidarity with Ms Brightside (of course, others are free to consider it terrible--the dress was made by her mother to her specs, so combine 19 year old style sense with home-seamstress execution... but my memories are all of being ever so smitten)
That's so sweet. It's lovely that you and your wife experienced some of those special events together (even if prom wasn't one of them)--you two make such a cute couple! :)

MsBrightside

I second Hozay here. I'd have sang some Peter Gabriel to you and tried to separate you from those Bobbie Brooks. :D
It seems to be getting warm in here for some reason. :blush: *fans self, enjoying a little Jack-and-Diane fantasy while trying not to remember the fact that when those pics were taken LeoG was probably still in elementary school* :p

LeoGibson

Happy
It seems to be getting warm in here for some reason. :blush: *fans self, enjoying a little Jack-and-Diane fantasy while trying not to remember the
fact that when those pics were taken LeoG was probably still in elementary school* :p
Probably Jr. High. I'm probably pretty close to the same age as you. I just turned 41 earlier this month. That should explain the Jack and Diane and In Your Eyes references. I'm old enough to remember hearing them both climb Casey Kasem's top 40 countdown.

ETA: I forgot to ask, where's Duckie in that first pic?

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.
It seems to be getting warm in here for some reason. :blush: *fans self, enjoying a little Jack-and-Diane fantasy while trying not to remember the fact that when those pics were taken LeoG was probably still in elementary school* :p
If it's any help with the timeline I was either still in my dad's balls or very young? Spitting game since '85

MsBrightside

Probably Jr. High.
I'm not sure that thought is much better. :p

I'm probably pretty close to the same age as you. I just turned 41 earlier this month. That should explain the Jack and Diane and In Your Eyes references. I'm old enough to remember hearing them both climb Casey Kasem's top 40 countdown.
I think any girl would have melted if a guy sang that song to her--I know I would have. :wubu:

ETA: I forgot to ask, where's Duckie in that first pic?
Very funny. :D I actually had a friend who resembled Duckie (wish I could post his pic here), but he had already graduated by then. We went to Homecoming together his senior year, though. :happy:

If it's any help with the timeline I was either still in my dad's balls or very young?
Ack--I really don't want to think about that!

Spitting game since '85
I have no doubt this is true--no wonder you're such a pro. :kiss2:

Lil BigginZ

just a NORML guy
I believe I was 17 or 18 here. I didn't get my snake bites until I was 20. Green hair, nose ring, and labret hoop. And yes, I wore that hat all the damn time. I loved that hat lol. I look back on it and I'm just like wtf was I thinking. Also, the years I couldn't grow facial hair at all.

bmwm2001

How i want to look on stage...

How i dont want to look on stage...

I am looking quite mentally ill on that 2nd one!

Xxx Dan