• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

The Amazing Food Facts and Research Thread!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obesus

Designated Fat Holy Man
This is not a recipe thread, nor a nutrition thread, per se, but more of a catch-all for the mind-boggling little tid-bits about food that pop up and startle us from time to time...and then they may have recipe or nutritional value! Am I as crystal clear as mud yet?
OK...here is how this walk on the wild and wacky side of food facts emerged. I have a female friend up in Northern California, who is just this side of orthorexia nervosa...she is 110 pounds soaking wet and nigh on obsessed with health foods and supplements. She wears a size 2, but she likes really fat men...hmmmm...she is Italian by tradition and is always telling me to eat more almond butter and olive oil and flaxseed oil and avocados and such. Well, I decided to do a little Internet research and discovered so many fascinating, contradictory and just plain doubtful facts and factoids, that I decided to start collecting them. OK...here is my first stunner:
CARBOHYDRATES DEFINITELY DO NOT MAKE YOU FAT!

I lost the URL to this one, but it came from an African health site and here is the key quote:

"Carbohydrates are found in many foods. The main sources of carbohydrates are the starchy foods such as bread, pasta, rice, cereals and sugar. Fruits also consist mainly of carbohydrates.
Dairy products such as milk and yoghurt also contain a significant amount of carbohydrate, as well as vegetables, especially potatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, butternut and corn.
Carbohydrates are a vital source of energy and supply a host of vitamins and minerals needed by our bodies. Carbohydrates are definitely not fattening — it is not the bread, potato, Provita or pasta which increases the bulge, but rather what you put on top of these foods such as cheese, butter, cream etc."

Sounds reasonable, but you mean to tell me that the pound of pasta I pack away every night isn't adding just a titch to my 54" waistline??? Hmmmmmm

Then: http://www.cheftalk.com/content/display.cfm?articleid=55&type=article

A fascinating bit of counter-intuitive folk wisdom...Olive oil doesn't make you fat at all! You can imagine that I immediately downed a pound and a half of vermicelli soaked with olive oil...yummers....who knew?

One of the points of the thread will be to prove that there is someone out there on the net quite willing to tell you exactly why the opposite of everything you have ever heard is what you should listen to! LOL
The adventure begins!:D

Latest posts

Back