• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

The Armchair Political Commentator's Genre Savvy Primer to US politics

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dromond

Pleasantly abstruse.
We have some genre blind commentators dwelling here in Hyde Park, and I feel it is my duty to point out the errors of their ways. The service will not be appreciated, and will not be believed. But like Cassandra of Greek mythology, it is my burden in life and I accept it.

First, a message to the Democrats and leftists in general. You're going to get crushed this mid-term election cycle. If you don't believe that, you are utterly genre blind. It nearly always happens the first mid-term election of any new president. Even the titans of modern politics that were Reagan and Clinton had it happen to them. Americans are a fickle lot, and generally have the attention span of an epileptic gnat. Sure you're going to take a shot to the 'nads, but take it with a grin. The pain won't last forever.

To the independents: I both loathe and pity you. You are going to put the tea party in power. It's all your fault. Therefore I loathe you. You are also going to get an extremely painful bite in the ass because of it. Therefore I pity you. You are the most genre blind of them all.

To the moderate Republicans, if any of you are out there, you're stuck on the wrong end of a sucker bet. Your pain isn't going to go away so easily. The tea partiers are going to come out on top, and it will end up ripping your party to pieces. Congratulations, you've been blessed with suck.

Now for the tea partiers. My friends, you've lost and you don't even know it. You think you are a grass roots force to be reckoned with, you're going to bring the Washington elite to it's knees, all by the power of individuals acting together. It's all quite stirring, and would be a great story if you weren't pawns in a Xanatos gambit being run by the very same corporate elites you hate.

So here is how things are going to play out. The 2010 midterms are going to be a big win for the tea party and Repubs in general, though not a knockout blow. The tea party and it's supporters will take this as a cue that they were right all along and go whole hog on their agenda. This will set off a logic bomb in the government, as the Democrats will do a "turnabout is fair play" by filibustering EVERYTHING. Then there is that little issue of presidential veto, which the repubs will not have enough votes to override. Your agenda will stall. You'll get nothing useful accomplished. But still, you will be flush with victory and ride into the 2012 elections like the triumphant hero. Unfortunately, a funny thing will have happened: the same backlash that put your people into power will be the very thing to crush your hopes in the 2012 election. Thanks to you, Barack Obama will be a two term president. Have fun storming the castle.

You heard it here. I invite you to come back to this thread in November of 2012, and I will be here to dish out the "I told you so's." No charge for the service.

Latest posts

Back