• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

The biggest loser show

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slamaga

An headbanger's journey
I think it is here I should post this. This is the first post I do in that subject.

So here it is. I'm really asking myself the pertinence of the show intitled The Biggest Loser. I just saw it tonight and it makes me think about a lot of thing.

I remember in the first season, when there was only the three finalist. What happened is that they "threw out" the people out of the ranch and say to them: "okay with all the things you learn, return to your ancient life and try to keep the same habits you developped in the ranch" It is a little bit vulgarised but this is it. The scenario, I think, has been repeated, but a little bit transformed but it is quite the same.
In the time, before I discovered I was an FA, I was like "Oh! this is great, they save their lives!!" I fell into the trap. Because as I learn things inn biology and physical education and psychology either, my mind turned 180 degrees. The training the participants have in this ranch has many consequences on their lifes: they have to keep the same rythm and intensity int their subsequent training or they'll recover the weight they lost fast; if this happen, the motivation the person had about her training will maybe go down; If this happen, conditionning about health and good nutrition habits and so on, would decrease in power and this will put the person in an even worse situation. I'm not going on the danger about emotions related to an unsuccessful attempt to be more healthy and I'm roughly put it on simple (I can talk about bio, phys. ed. and psycho. for a long time).

I'm really thinking this show (if it this related to WLS) is not as good as it seems.

I would like to hear what you are saying about this??

Latest posts

Back