• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

The Chiropractor (duuum duuuum duuuuuummmm) -That was supposed to be spooky music.-

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buffie

KittyBuffieKat
Up until Tuesday, I spent most of my adult life imagining horror movie plots that began with a trip to the chiropractor.

{Sorry Dim chiropractors.}

Am I spelling "chiropractor" correctly? LOL If not, please excuse.

(History - You can skip this part if you're skimming.)

A few weeks ago, I went about what I call my "spa shower" I take a couple times a week. It's different from "every day shower". The ladies know what I mean. We have the morning-rush-just-get-clean shower and then we have the less-frequent 2-hour spa-shower. The one where you whip out the sugar scrub and the little rock thing we use to make our feet silky and the cuticle oil and all that jazz.

I'm in the spa-shower shaving my legs, so I look like a pretzel when I get to right-leg because I'm terminally left-handed. Next thing you know, left-foot starts to slide on soapy tub and I almost busted my ass. Thankfully, I grabbed the little metal rail thing and without breaking a nail, I saved myself from having the most embarrassing 911 call of my life.

(Stop skimming now... if you're even still here. hee hee)

3 weeks ago, wrenched the bejeezus out of my back. Thought it would recover, went along as usual.

NOT getting better.

Woke up for work Tuesday, cried when I moved. Freaked out. Called masseuse, no availability. Called doc, same thing. Too broke for ER, don't wanna anyway.

Remembered masseuse often singing praises of local chiropractor. Called him as a shot in the dark.

Will see me @ 10:30.

His office is a beautiful, restored Victorian home. The wonderful, grandmotherly lady at the front desk makes me yearn for home-made warm bread or cookies.

Doors and windows are open and wind chimes are tink-tinking softly outside. Sweetest kitty cat wanders in front door. Flops down on waiting room floor and stretches out lazily.

Best part...

Here comes doc. Hyperactive to the point he's making *MY* anxiety act up, yet completely sincere. We get in his office and he's asking me questions and writing notes as I answer. His demeanor never strays from high-energy, but he's got a wonderful tone of voice which calms me down.

Then I get on this MEDIEVAL looking table.

He's feeling around on my back and explaining what he's doing. I wasn't saying anything because I've got that doctor-table paper stuck to my face. LOL

Then he does something. I'm not sure what, but it felt like he laid the length of his lower arm along one side of my spine, but not in the middle of my back. He kind of starts applying pressure, then more... then more and all of a sudden ! there's this unusual sensation down my entire side, along with a pretty disturbing noise.

But the sensation was wild. I felt like I could breathe better on that side of my body. Then he did the same thing in different places on my back. Stretched out my neck. Felt over my bones again.

The table tilted up. He shook my hand. I put on my shoes. He says something like "I think you're going to be fine now. Call me if you need to. Byebye."

Back at the front desk, nice lady says "That will be $30 dollars, please." I had never given her insurance info. That's his RATE.

For so long I've had this picture in my mind that most chiropractors are ambulance-chasing witch-doctors. So wrong of me! I'm very sorry for that and I am also very glad to have had an experience that changed my mind.

Perhaps this guy is above average, perhaps not, either way my back, while still a tiny bit sore, has felt fantastic!

Anyone else want to confirm or counter? I'd like to know - how common are experiences similar to mine?

Thanks!
~from Buffie and her happy back! :D

Latest posts

Back