The daily excercise report thread!!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

petersmyth79

G'day everybody, I did 30 mins of smashing tiles off our bathroom floor and discovered that I am weak and lost sooo much strength and fitness. Time to work out? not that I really know how, anyone got any tips to build upper body strength?

Orchid

Homebound due to illness. I have eternal quarantaine only leave my house for medical appointments. Some stretches and short stints of house chores 7 to 9 minutes max. Just vacuumed the complete downstairs and the sofa so catching my breath here posting this. Put the kettle on for some tea.
Maybe bake some ginger cookies this afternoon.
I used to be able to do Debbie Drake exercises from her 70s book but my OA osteoarthritis worsened over the years, used to do exercises with handheld weights 2 lbs have small hands looking at Youtube videos for exercise ideas with those. I lost grip strength so avoid that now lest they drop on my feet.
My balance is a bit off lately and I drop cups and plates so just the house things and moving indoors.

Barbsjw

Being kept off campus is SUCKING for my exercise routine! I normally swim laps at the natatorium before work. Can't do that now. On upside: nobody is giving me side eye in the locker room.

Barbsjw

@happily_married unfortunately no. Because it's a general pool, I'm just as liable to see students vs. staff. Young women can be particularly judgmental, even though I'm not THAT much older.

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!
@happily_married unfortunately no. Because it's a general pool, I'm just as liable to see students vs. staff. Young women can be particularly judgmental, even though I'm not THAT much older.
I hear you. And I agree I sometimes think women can be harder on other women than men are. I had a whole thread about it a while back, just on reactions people have. Stuff I’ve observed over the years. Some of it has been positive too though, so not all bad.

Barbsjw

Funny thing did happen last fall: a student asked Roger "Are you related to Ms. Flaherty from the diversity office?" Another student practically facepalmed as Roger answered.

tonynyc

Slow Dance Aficionado
G'day everybody, I did 30 mins of smashing tiles off our bathroom floor and discovered that I am weak and lost sooo much strength and fitness. Time to work out? not that I really know how, anyone got any tips to build upper body strength?
I have a question what did you use to smash the tiles on your bathroom floor? The reason I ask is that if you use a sledge hammer - this is the best substitute for the MACE and there is a youtube video where you can do some great functional and strength building upper body work.

The other issues to consider:

1. what equipment do you have at home.
2. Body weight exercises
3. do you have a backyard or space for an outdoor workout?

Funtastic curves

I've been off work for 2 weeks now. Yesterday my family decided to have a video conference to workout. It was only an hour long. Today I feel it. My legs are sore and my butt 😩 i needed that push to kick start me off the couch and move. I know if I don't do it now when it come time for me to go back to work I will not be worth 2 dead Flies.

happily_married

I've been off work for 2 weeks now. Yesterday my family decided to have a video conference to workout. It was only an hour long. Today I feel it. My legs are sore and my butt 😩 i needed that push to kick start me off the couch and move. I know if I don't do it now when it come time for me to go back to work I will not be worth 2 dead Flies.
make hubby massage that butt! And remind him how lucky he is he gets to do it while he’s at it! 😏

happily_married

I just have to find a husband, but that sounds great 👍
oh, I’m sorry. I thought I had once read you discuss your husband.

It does sound great though. I love it when my wife asks me to massage her big (_!_) it’s just as good for me as it is for her!

Funtastic curves

oh, I’m sorry. I thought I had once read you discuss your husband.

It does sound great though. I love it when my wife asks me to massage her big (_!_) it’s just as good for me as it is for her!
I have boyfriend but he is in another state 🙁 and I'm sure I've mentioned him at least once.

I promise you one this lock down is over your suggestion will be put to good use 😊

happily_married

I have boyfriend but he is in another state 🙁 and I'm sure I've mentioned him at least once.

I promise you one this lock down is over your suggestion will be put to good use 😊
you should! It’ll be good for you and make a happy man out of him! I never get tired of my wife’s butt. It’s a work of art, and I jump at the opportunity to enjoy/worship it. I could bury my face and just lose myself in it!

okay I’m about to make this thread about ass and Not exercise. I could go on all day but I will stop there.