• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

The Moderator's Inaugural State of the Forum Message

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Beautiful Dreamer

ridiculously contented
My fellow ... um ... my fellow ... ahem ... my ... um, fellows:

I should probably have been doing this every year, but it has finally dawned on me that we might all benefit from an annual State of the Forum address. Since it's only just now swum into my brain, I will call this the Inaugural message (since "First Annual" is a grammatical impossibility).

I will be posting some numbers that have to do with moderating. I really think most posters will not object. Please PM me if you would rather not see your numbers posted.

The state of the forum is fair-to-middling. This being a presidential election year, we're all tenderly warming our vials of venom to a healthy simmer, so the quality of conversation has slid down a notch or three. However, in response to both public and private discussions, and conversation with the moderator, I am trying mightily for a hands-off approach as much as I can stand. I still do infract, warn, and converse with anyone whom I feel to be in violation of the Rules.

We enjoyed a couple of attacks of weird spam creepy private messages, and the infraction-expiration system went completely on the fritz. It's mostly fixed; however, if you have an unexpired infraction, please PM Tad or Admin. I do not have the power to fix that.

Herewith, heretofore, and herenotwithstanding, are the numbers for 2015.

To no one's surprise, our most frequent Hyde Park posters are familiar names. The champion, by 27, is:

BigMac, with a total of 117 posts.
Deliman came second with 109 posts.
Biodiselman had 91 posts.
Your humble mod (that would be me) had 85.
Leishycat, formerly Alicia Rose, had 70.
Tracii had 66.
Mediaboy had 43.

As for starting the fun, BigMac again holds the lead with no fewer than 49 thread starts. I may have to consider one thread start every 30 days, the way letters-to-the-editor policies tend to do.

So, BigMac had 49 thread starts.
Biodieselman had 20.
Deliman and Leishycat were tied at 13.
So was I, but 7 of those were "From the Moderator" announcements, so I really only had 6.
Mediaboy had 5.
Tracii had 1.

The following people collected four or more infractions in 2015.

The winner, by several lengths, was Leishycat, with 10.

So, Leishycat had 10 infractions.
BigMac had 6.
Biodieselman had 5.
Tracii had 4, as did GoodDaySir (formerly Saoirse).
Surlysomething, WildZero, and DonaldChump had 3.
Deliman, The Orange Mage, and Rojodi had 2.
No one else had more than 1 in 2015.

Sometimes I warn rather than infract. I did that a fair amount in June as a workaround for the glitch in the infraction system.

Once again, Leishycat is far and away the winner with 13 warnings.

So, Leishycat had 13 warnings.
BigMac had 6.
Biodieselman and Deliman had 2 each.
No one else had more than 1.

So those are the numbers! And, in general, the state of the forum. We welcomed 2 new members, but several regulars stopped coming around. Keep inviting your buddies to visit and post, please do re-read the Rules, and keep it within the lines.

Remember, the Hypies are coming, on April 1.

Love,
BBD

Latest posts

Back