Quantcast

The One NON-DIMS RELATED Thing Annoying You Most Right Now Part Trois.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

That1BigGirl

Bella Nom Noms
One of those might well do it - thanks! ......
-Rusty

Welcome, hope you find a "non-girly" one. :) And I have an Acer currently I've been rather happy with (Aspire 9500- WIDE SCREEN hehehe) so I'd buy one again, nice to know what to avoid though.

Oh.. if worse comes to worse you could wrap it in duct tape. :eek: :D

Green Eyed Fairy

Funky Faerie Queene
I'm annoyed that I don't have the attention span to read some threads here. All I see is a big block of text, and my mind says Hell No, go play a Lounge game.

The threads really look important and stimulating, but I can't seem to make it past one post before my mind explodes.
I have to confess that I don't always read all the posts within a thread myself all the time. If it's a REALLY LONG post and it's not really a subject I'm THAT into, then I browse and look for things of interest. Certain posters....I'm more likely to read them than others....OR...if that long post catches me in it's first paragraph, then I read on.

There are certain posters that I tend just to skim or skip over parts of their posts because they are usually soooo long.....and I don't do it to be rude. I'm just childish with a short attention span and want to make sexual innuendos instead of getting down to serious talk...forgive me? :blush:

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
Was supposed to go see Slumdog Millionaire at 4. Those plans went out the window.

I wanted to see it so fucking badly today, too. :(

Cors

Delurking
I really, really, really want to watch Confessions of a Shopaholic but the people around me have either watched it already or are just not interested. Even if it is my treat, with plenty of popcorn and candy thrown in. >;(

alan_koenig

the fact that heath ledger is just going to be given the oscar tonight because of his death and not his actual performance.
he was good as the joker, yeah....but would he have been even considered for a nomination if he had've lived?
philip seymour hoffman is twenty times better in "doubt" than ledger was as the joker (which, honestly, was a pastiche of jack nicholson's joker)

that's my oscar rant.

MsXXLBombshell

One i am annoyed with is I tried writing this before and it dissapeared into netland.

Two I am annoyed at guys who use me to get to my friend, yes she is amazing both physically and personally (even if a bit crazy) but she is a goth goddess big time and it intimidates guys and so they look for the least intimidating way to get close to her.... enter the fat friend.
I dont know if it is just that I never noticed it before or if since I broke up with my last BF Brandy and I are out more but I am serious it happens every week.
Some guy approaches me and starts talking or worse flirting right up til they say "SO who is your friend there?" then when they meet her it is all "Oh are you still there I did not notice."
If Brandy notices she gets mad usually but I dont like to point it out cause it makes me sound like a jealous friend and I am not mad at her but the guys. Sometimes she even likes the guy and then I get to be around while the guy who started out flirting with me fawns over my best friend

I also hate that I care, I hate that it is bothering me but lately I have felt invisible to guys in real life unless they want to get close to one of my friends.

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
If he gets the Oscar it's not going to be on account of his death, but rather because his performance is utterly fucking outstanding. I'm a major movie buff, I've watched incredible performances, and it's pretty rare that I'm sucked into watching a character so quickly and so completely. At the end of it when I first saw it, I remember thinking, "goddam that was amazing, I can't wait to see him in the next one." At which point I remembered that he was dead and wouldn't be back, after I was convinced that his was one of the best performances I've seen in a while. If he had lived and hadn't gotten a nomination, I'd be pissed.

To say that it's a "pastiche" of Nicholson's performance is... well, damned foolish. Although there is obviously influence, Ledger's Joker is far, far darker (as is the whole film), and much better. It could also be argued that Nicholson's performance- which you seem to think of fairly highly- is itself a pastiche of Ceasar Romero's.

The only real competition I see for him this year is from Downey Jr., believe it or not; which would be a long-overdue award to the comedy genre (which Goodman should have gotten for The Big Lebowski).

mossystate

flicks a booger on conrad
Beyonce...with her friggin ' superglued hands to her hips ' posing. The always vacant look on her face, coupled with the hip check/self molestation....ack.

Carrie

OK, I guess this is sort of Dims related, but I'm annoyed that I won't get to see you pants anyone unceremoniously.:p Perhaps I can dare to dream that someday I will get to see you pants someone ceremoniously?

I am annoyed that I don't know the proper ceremony for pantsing someone.:(
Well, missy, prepare to be schooled firsthand on the pantsing phenomenon, because you just complained about something Dims-related in this thread. Hope you're wearing your best undies.

I don't know the ceremony, either, though, so it'll be more of a casual thing. :blush:

Shosh

Susannah
If he gets the Oscar it's not going to be on account of his death, but rather because his performance is utterly fucking outstanding. I'm a major movie buff, I've watched incredible performances, and it's pretty rare that I'm sucked into watching a character so quickly and so completely. At the end of it when I first saw it, I remember thinking, "goddam that was amazing, I can't wait to see him in the next one." At which point I remembered that he was dead and wouldn't be back, after I was convinced that his was one of the best performances I've seen in a while. If he had lived and hadn't gotten a nomination, I'd be pissed.

To say that it's a "pastiche" of Nicholson's performance is... well, damned foolish. Although there is obviously influence, Ledger's Joker is far, far darker (as is the whole film), and much better. It could also be argued that Nicholson's performance- which you seem to think of fairly highly- is itself a pastiche of Ceasar Romero's.

The only real competition I see for him this year is from Downey Jr., believe it or not; which would be a long-overdue award to the comedy genre (which Goodman should have gotten for The Big Lebowski).

Exactly. Thanks BJ.

CleverBomb

On Space Out
Welcome, hope you find a "non-girly" one. :) And I have an Acer currently I've been rather happy with (Aspire 9500- WIDE SCREEN hehehe) so I'd buy one again, nice to know what to avoid though.

Oh.. if worse comes to worse you could wrap it in duct tape. :eek: :D
I could, but... nah.

You seem to have some nifty toys there yourself!

-Rusty

CleverBomb

On Space Out
One i am annoyed with is I tried writing this before and it dissapeared into netland.

Two I am annoyed at guys who use me to get to my friend, yes she is amazing both physically and personally (even if a bit crazy) but she is a goth goddess big time and it intimidates guys and so they look for the least intimidating way to get close to her.... enter the fat friend.
I dont know if it is just that I never noticed it before or if since I broke up with my last BF Brandy and I are out more but I am serious it happens every week.
Some guy approaches me and starts talking or worse flirting right up til they say "SO who is your friend there?" then when they meet her it is all "Oh are you still there I did not notice."
If Brandy notices she gets mad usually but I dont like to point it out cause it makes me sound like a jealous friend and I am not mad at her but the guys. Sometimes she even likes the guy and then I get to be around while the guy who started out flirting with me fawns over my best friend

I also hate that I care, I hate that it is bothering me but lately I have felt invisible to guys in real life unless they want to get close to one of my friends.
Their loss.

-Rusty

Cors

Delurking
My flatmates randomly decided to do a BBQ at my place this afternoon and I missed it because I was snoring away. No leftovers either, grrrr.

Green Eyed Fairy

Funky Faerie Queene
Beyonce...with her friggin ' superglued hands to her hips ' posing. The always vacant look on her face, coupled with the hip check/self molestation....ack.

I heard on the radio yesterday about how she invests her 80 million dollar fortune.....how exactly is it that she stands again? ;) :p

mossystate

I heard on the radio yesterday about how she invests her 80 million dollar fortune.....how exactly is it that she stands again? ;) :p

Like a constipated Barbie doll....that's how. If she were dirt poor, I would say the same. Any other questions?;):p

mossystate

I'm dirt poor...and stand like a well fed and quite regular barbie doll.....not much left to ask about, is there? :p
Ain't never seen you posing like that. Are you holding out on us? Come on, Greenie. Get thee to the nekkid thread!!:p

Green Eyed Fairy

Funky Faerie Queene
Ain't never seen you posing like that. Are you holding out on us? Come on, Greenie. Get thee to the nekkid thread!!:p
Showing my regularity in the nekkid thread....it probably just isn't sexy :blush:

and I'm already quite the regular there already, thank you very much :p

Latest posts