• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

The Progress Party

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scorsese86

Likeable conservative
In a different subject area at Dims there was talk about the "event" of a BBW being elected Prime Minister of Norway.
Erna Solberg, leader of the Norwegian Conservative Party, will become Prime Minister following the crushing victory of the right against the incumbent Red/Green-coalition.

After two weeks of negotiations between the Liberal Party, the Christian People's Party, the Conservatives and the Progress Party, Monday it was announced that only the Conservatives and the Progress Party will form government, seeking support from time to time betweeen the Liberal Party, the Christian People's Party and the other four parties in Parlament.

I voted for the Progress Party. I've been a member of the Progress Party since I was 16 years old, and was even an active member in the youth organization between 2005-2008. Due to variation reasons I haven't been active within the party in the last few years, but I've been a vocal supporter. In 2009 we almost made it, earning far more votes than the Conservative Party, but were still beaten by Labour, and their coalition. This year we were smaller than the Conservatives, but finally, 40 years since our first election, we'll becoming a governing party.

Now: some, especially in the international media, have mentioned the link between terrorist Anders Behring Breivik and the Progress Party. It's true that Breivik was a member of the Progress Party a few years, but he was never a politician nor a "face" of the party. He left the party feeling they weren't too radical, they weren't working too hard against immigration and Islamization. As we all know, Breivik killed 69 people, most of them teenagers, at the Labour Party's Youth Organization's summer camp. He also bombed the government buildings in Oslo that very same day, killing eight.

Breivik does not represent the Progress Party. It would be like saying Vidkun Quisling represents everyone who votes the Centre Party. In fact, Quisling was Minister of Defence for the Centre Party 1931-1933, a high ranking posistion, something Breivik never had.

The Progress Party is a conservative party, libertarian even by Norwegian standards, but keep in mind there's a huge difference between European conservativism and American. The Progress Party works for smaller government, but are still pro-welfare. The Progress Party wants to reduce immigration to improve social integration for immigrants, fugitives etc. The Progress Party belives in lower taxations and improved healthcare, private and public).

The Progress Party is nowhere near Le Pen's Front, The Danish People's Party or the Freedom Party of Austria. The Progress Party is a modern, conservative party. It's different, by Norwegian standards, but it's neither radical nor racist.

Latest posts

Back