• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

The Second Annual Hypies Are Here!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Beautiful Dreamer

ridiculously contented
Good morning and welcome to the Second Annual Hyde Park Awards Show, being held this year on April 2nd, since April Fool's Day happened to fall on a Sunday for the first time in the history of this august awards show.

As I stand in slack-jawed amazement and amusement at having helmed this parade for two years, it's been everything I'd hoped for ... and feared.

The Hyde Parkers are a unique group, and I mean this in a completely Jesus-y way when I say I really do love you, individually and collectively. I love the thread derails, the goony pics, (most of) the emoticons, the thread starts, the cyber-relationships (all platonic, folks, move along).

I enjoy very much being a part of the mod community as well. It's a fun, challenging, and occasionally disturbing land, much like Hyde Park.

For the most part, y'all respond well to PMs and to my responses to your questions and concerns. And some of the time, you're grown-up enough for me to live with.

Truly, though, I want to take the occasion to thank you for a hugely entertaining and fulfilling year. I miss the job I left to go to grad school (yes, I’m out now, finally), and HP gives me a daily taste of it. Including the contingent who are fiercely convinced that I'm so far left I'm nearly falling over the port side. And the contingent who are fiercely convinced of the opposite. At least no one's called me a lying bitch yet (which actually did happen at the ex-job). And since I'm a screaming extrovert, I enjoy the cyber-contact.

Here's to another year of random newbies, Rush Limbaugh, election cycles, public spats, Trayvon Martin & George Zimmerman, and more. Y'all are terrific. Thanks.

It’s April Fool’s Day! (Almost) And what a beautiful day it is, as the sharpwits and halfwits, and even the no-wits, gather for the Second Annual Hypies, The Hyde Park Awards are presented herewith in a serious spirit of tongue in cheek. (Note: with use of he/she, I go strictly by profile photo.)

Best hoarding of paragraphs: to Joswitch, who never met an indent he liked.

Best use of R rating: to Rickgm, who shows astonishing flexibility within a seemingly limited vocabulary. Is Mr. Gm here to receive his award? No? Oh… his award will be accepted by Miss Sacheen Littlefeather.*

The One Trick Pony Award: to DevenDoom, for her persistence in keeping us up to date at what goes on in JoePa Land.

The That's No Leader, That's My Pet Rock Award: to Big Mac, who displays impressive skill in giving Hyde Parkers the other side, whatever the other side might happen to be.

The That Championship Season Award: to Keb, for her steady and thoughtful defense of her opinions under any and all circumstances.

The Apocalpse Now Persistence Award: to Mack 27, who will take on any issue and debate it right into the ground. But always with nuance! We love nuance.

Best chiming in: to Jack Secret, who has something to say about virtually everything.

Most judicious: to Yakatori, who often waits to weigh in and then has something nuanced to say on difficult issues.

Best ears: to Casting Pearls, who may or may not resemble her profile picture.

The Lazarus Award: for the second year in a row, to Gomes, who it turns out wasn't dead after all. Sorry. But the funeral food was awesome. Superb comeback, baybee!

The Little Sparkplug that Could Award: to Deliman, for his persistence. Outnumbered opinionators everywhere salute you.

The Emoticon Award goes this year to our Favorite Brit, Joswitch.

The What Color is the Sky in Your World Award, for the second year in a row, to BigMac, for his steady posting of news from other realms.

The Work From Home Award, to Miss Vickie, for her regular perspective from the overpiled desks of nurses everywhere.

And here are your lovely trophies:

FTOO1QTF4BI0BDS.MEDIUM.jpg

*In 1974, Marlon Brando, chosen as Best Actor for his role in The Godfather, boycotted the ceremony in protest of Hollywood’s treatment of Native Americans, and chose Sacheen Littlefeather, an activist of combined Yaqui and Apache heritage, to accept the award in his place. The Academy has since ruled against proxy acceptance of awards.

Thank you! Thank you! That concludes this year's telecast of the Second Annual Hypies. Enjoy your trophies.

Latest posts

Back