• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

The "Summer Re-Runs" Project

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Global Moderator
Library Mod
I’m inviting people to join me in a “Summer Re-Runs” project.

The basic idea is to dig up stories, articles, opinion pieces, or even photos, which have not yet been posted on the new Dimensions boards, and post them. These could be things that you’d put up on the old Dimensions boards, or on your own web site, or on some other web site, or which had never left your hard drive. The only absolute requirements would be that they are appropriate to one of the Dimensions boards, and that you have the rights to post the file where you will (in other words, you can’t re-post someone else’s material unless they’ve granted you permission to do so).

Why do this? A lot of the discussions and discoveries at Dimensions happen over and over again, as new people arrive and go through their own voyages of discovery. Some portion of people who come here go through at least phases of real creativity or focus on Dimensions related issues, and create stuff that is apt to be of continuing interest to people here—however much of that material is not currently easy to find.

Why do it this Summer? Well, now is as good a time as any! But also, things often get a little quieter here in the summer, as people are away more, and perhaps more apt to be anywhere other than sitting in front of a computer even when they are not on vacation. So this will help provide some extra material of interest over the course of the summer, to keep the boards from getting too sleepy.

What sort of material is appropriate? Almost anything fitting with Dimensions, really. What I’m thinking of most of all are things that people put on their own pages, which they think might also be enjoyed by the broader audience at Dimensions. You can leave the original on your web page, but especially in the case of older projects maybe you will find a new and appreciative audience. But also if you posted material on a web site which is no longer active, or had something you really were proud of that you had put on the old boards, those would be good material too. Potentially you could even put up shorter or extracted academic compositions, if you were comfortable releasing them into the wilds of the internet. My one request is to mention that the item is a re-run, and to put where and when the material first appeared on the web, if ever (even if only: “I first posted this on my web page a few years ago”).

What am I re-running? Years ago, when Dimensions was using the old web-board software, it was much harder to find old posts. As a result, when I put much effort into something (or if I didn’t see a good fit with the boards as they were at the time), I put things on my own web page. On there I put up a number of stories, opinion pieces, and verbal doodles. They are all still there, but my web page is hardly an active place, or where a newcomer would go looking for things. I’ve also not really been updating my web site much in the past few years. So over the course of the summer I’ll be copying most of what is on it over to the appropriate Dimensions web boards. I won’t dump it all at once, more on the order of two or three things a week. I started this week with two stories (on the new stories board) and one opinion piece (on the weight board).

So, come one, come all—help me out and post your own summer re-runs!

Regards;

-Ed

Latest posts

Back