• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

The Word "Retard": Stop Using It...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NancyGirl74

I grew up with a dear friend with mental and physical disabilities. Even so...I have used the word "Retard" or "Retarded" more than I care to admit. To me it is like the word "Gay." It has become a slang word that covers many meanings. "OMG that's sooo gay!" or "I can't believe I was so retarded." We don't mean to be hurtful when we use words in such a way but it is hurtful. For that reason I'm going to try and be more respectful by not using the r-word (and the g-word for that matter). I know I will slip up and use it without forethought but I'm going to try...I think that matters.

This article illustrates why we should not use "Retard" so thoughtlessly better than I can...
http://www.parentdish.com/2011/03/03/the-word-retard/?icid=main%7Chtmlws-main-n%7Cdl3%7Csec1_lnk3%7C204965

Latest posts

Back