• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Tiger Woods troubles & Sexism in the media.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joswitch

Exile from Main Board
So it seems Tiger has been shagging around.
And allegedly his wife Elin attacked him with a golf club, knocking one of his teeth out / breaking a tooth.
And he's avoided being seen in public / by the police since, allegedly cos he's concerned she'll be charged for assault.
And now Tiger is "taking a break" from his job cos he has "decided to take an indefinite break from professional golf. I need to focus my attention on being a better husband, father, and person."

Now what bothers me is two things:
1) - there's been much comment in the media about what a bad guy Tiger is and blahdeblah and almost ZERO comment on the fact his wife physically attacked him.

Now if say hypothetically: Michelle Yeoh had been boning waiters, barmen etc. all over the shop and her ?hypothetical? husband/partner had found out and attacked and beaten her - there'd be universal outrage. And rightly so.

Sexual jealousy does not justify beating your partner. The virtual silence on the subject of Elin's violence towards Tiger is sexism. Plain and simple.

(reflecting a wider prejudice, which is dangerous, given that 25 to 40% of the victims of domestic violence are men.. depending on how you parse the stats: http://www.dewar4research.org/DOCS/dvg-v3.pdf )

2) - to continue my analogy with Michelle Yeoh - imagine that she effectively, "voluntarily" fell off the face of the planet in an attempt to protect / reconcile with her physically abusive partner. People would rightly be concerned that she was in a controlling and abusive relationship. Yet, with Tiger there are lots of noises of approval for his "decision" to disappear. Sounds dodgy to me.

Tiger's clearly not cut out for monogamy* his wife is mad scary - he needs a good divorce laywer IMO.

(*and sure - he should've worked that out before getting married, but...)

Your thoughts?

Latest posts

Back