• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Tragic Loss, Nice Gain - by Zarbon

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justjoe85

BBW, Eating, Mild humiliation, Rapid WG

[As you may know i used to write on Dimensions under the name 'Zarbon;'if you didn't and like this then check out my older stuff on the web site. Anyway here is my latest offering, enjoy!)

Tragic loss, nice gain
by Justjoe85

Emma Parker, a 20-year-old girl, was currently living with her happily married parents and younger, 18-year-old sister, Amber. The Parker family were lower middle class and lived comfortably in their four-bed house with the two stable wages coming in from both parents.

The biggest thing in a while was now happening with the Parkers, Emma was moving out to live with some friends. Her deposit money and share of the rent had been paid to the landlord and within days she would be off to live with her two best friends in the little terraced house they wanted to live in together.

Emma only did a little part time work like handing out leaflets in the city. Other then that she didn’t earn a penny other then her job seeker's allowance. Combined these amounts would just about do enough to pay her third of bills and leave her with a little to play around with.

All Emma talked about was her new place: what she planned to do with it, how much fun it would be and all the parties they could have without anybody being around to stop the fun. Of course she didn’t do much of the moving, she just supervised her dad who did all the carrying and her little sister who helped out with some boxes and bags of clothes.

Emma’s biggest fault was her sheer laziness; she had the smarts to have gotten much higher exam results from school and the ability to then get a good, high paying job. But she got lazy, didn’t put the work in and underachieved and then showed no desire to do jobs other then part time ones that led nowhere. Her philosophy to it was that she would get a proper job later on when she was a little older. For now she was ok as she was and could afford to live in her new pad with her buddies.

With everything packed up and ready to go she couldn’t even sleep in her own bed for her last two nights so was down on her mattress on the floor, with the bed frame being disassembled and boxed up ready to fit into the Volvo.

When she got up on the big moving day Emma’s back felt a little off from being on the floor and she used this as an excuse to avoid as much lifting as she could. The house was about half an hour away by car and a little longer by bus, which was how Emma normally travelled. It took four loads of the Volvo but after a few hours it was all in and so was Emma. Leaving home for the first time is a big deal and Emma felt both excited and scared of life on her own, but hugged and mom and dad as they drove off home.

Emma began the epic task of putting her stuff away in her new room and around the house but was interrupted an hour and a half in by a call from her sister.

“Hey Em, that you?”

“Yes its me;whats up?”

“Do you know where mom and dad are? They were meant to be back ages ago.”

Checking her watch Emma agreed “yes, they left here about an hour and a half ago, have you tried their mobiles?”

“I tried them both but either they have no signal or they are off.”

“Right. I will call you back in a sec. I will try ok?” said Emma hanging up on Amber and proceeding to call her parents, but like Amber she couldn’t get ahold of them.

“Hey sis it’s me, I can’t get through to them either, they probably popped in somewhere and lost track of the time, are you ok there?”

“Yes I'm fine, just thought it was weird ‘cus they didn’t call that’s all. Anyway how’s the house?”

“Its sweet, look give me a call in like an hour if they aren’t back yet ok, I have like no battery left so need to charge my phone.”

“Alright see you later”

After finding her CD player and hooking it up Emma listened to a little music while unpacking and was only interrupted on the last track by her phone.

“Its me again; they still aren’t back yet and I still can’t get in touch.”

“Right, umm I will try and call them. Hang on a second”

Emma tried her dad’s phone and no connection but when she heard her mom’s phone ringing she felt a little relieved.

“Hi mom, its me Emma. Where are you?”

“Hello! Sorry this isn’t your mother. I work at the hospital. Your mother and father were involved in a car accident.”

“Oh no!, are they ok? How are they?”

“It was a serious collision with a truck, they are both in observation right now. I think its best you come in as they are both in critical condition”

Emma’s hand was shaking she wrote down what hospital it was and called a taxi right away. She called her sister as she went to pick her up on the way and called all the family to let them know what had happened. Amber looked like she had been crying when she got into the back of the cab and the two sisters held hands all the way. They rushed up to reception and the woman told them where to go. It felt like ages just waiting for an electric door to open but eventually they found where their parents were, both in neighbouring trauma rooms.

A nurse soon came out and told them they had t-boned with a truck and had to be cut out of the car. It turned out that they were both really hurt after being stuck in the car for so long. Her mom was soon heading to surgery once she could be stabilised and her dad apparently didn’t need surgery yet but Emma couldn’t take in most of what was said to her and she lost concentration when long medical words were used.

Just as the nurse went back in to her dad’s room the monitors started beeping and the doctors and nurses all sped up working on him. Apart from all the bodies and machinery all Emma could see was her dad’s left foot twitch. She had no idea how long she watched it but when it stopped moving and when the doctors stopped moving and the machine went quite she knew what had happened. Just like Amber knew, who started bawling as soon as she realised what had happened.

The girls were soon allowed to come in and see him once they had cleaned him up and her looked the same, a big gentle giant. The only difference was him looking pale and his big chest not moving like it did when he slept on a Sunday afternoon after the football.

Family members arrived and Emma broke the news to them and they were either crying like Amber or in shock like Emma was. They soon were allowed to go up to surgery to wait to see how their mom would do. Amber soon drifted off to sleep in the little waiting room as it turned 2AM and there was still no word but Emma was sat perfectly still stroking her sleeping sister's head. She soon noticed a few doctors talking through a window, when one pointed at her and they all looked at her she knew surgery was over.

“Ms parker?”

“Emma”

“Right Emma, would you like to wake your sister?”

“Its ok let her sleep I can tell her…so?”

“Your mother received serious trauma to her pelvis in the collision and by the time she got you us things had gotten worse. I am so sorry but there was nothing we could do, you mother has passed on. She is being cleaned up right now and you can go in and see her in a minute.”

Amber woke as soon as he left and looked up and Emma shook her head and told her what the results were.

They stayed at the hospital for hours before being driven home in the early morning. Emma slept in the spare room; she didn’t want to sleep in her new place and knew Amber couldn’t be left alone. Neither got any sleep and all Emma could think about was the future and what that would hold. She would have to move back home, so needed to get all her stuff back to the house. She would need to sort out the funeral, sort out her parent’s paperwork and insurance stuff and all that. She would even have to start making Amber’s school lunches and wash her uniform for her. But was she up to doing all of that? Could she run the house and raise her little sister after losing both parents? And what about money, she would have to get a proper job to pay all the bills. Her mind boggled with all of her new responsibilities, but she had to do it. Its what her parents would have wanted.

She got up at 7:30 and made breakfast for Amber and bought it up to her. They hugged but didn’t really talk other then Emma telling her she would sort everything out and everything would be ok. By mid morning family members were coming around with sympathies, flowers and casserole dishes of food. When they got there they expected to see both little girls crying but found Emma dressed and looking over paperwork from her parent's office.

The day was hard work. People crying too much or wanting to help out too much. Emma knew she couldn’t keep up her image of being in charge and able, every time she heard a sob she wanted to as well and she couldn’t make heads or tales of all this paperwork. Good for her that her aunt was good at that kind of thing and took over. She wanted to keep busy but people were cleaning, making phone calls and taking care of everything. She went up to see Amber who was still in her dark room, curled up in a ball under the covers.

“Hey I spoke to your school and they know what's happened so you don’t have to go back until you’re ready, do you want anything?”

“No, I just want to be alone”

“You know I will be just downstairs if you need me. I am moving back in so it will be just the girls from now on…I will leave you alone then sis”

Emma asked for some help moving her stuff back home and drove off to get all her belonging back into the house. Her friends were sad to hear the news and helped pack her stuff up, even though it was a big thing they gave Emma back her rent and deposit money because they knew she would need the cash and they could get someone to take her room.

The funeral was just a few days later and was unsurprisingly a hard thing to do, nobody wants to pick out a coffin for their mom and dad. After the funeral and the wake Amber and Emma were left alone in the house with nothing but cleaning up and silence. Amber went up to her room and Emma cleaned up. There was so much food left over and the fridge already had loads in it from considerate gifts for the girls.

Emma needed room in the fridge so to make a little space pulled out the last of the lasagne from somebody and heated it up. Cutting it in half it was still enough to feed 4 but now there was only 2 so it meant either putting it in the bin or having a big dinner. She took Amber’s plate up with a drink but her sister wasn’t in a talkative mood, laid on her side facing away from the door on her bed.

Emma had hers alone in the silence of the kitchen sitting at the breakfast counter. After more cleaning and had nothing to do so looked for something to keep her occupied. She found the bills in her parent’s office, but her aunt had set them out so even Emma couldn’t mess them up. There was a big note saying what needed to be paid each month on what and then the final total. The mortgage wasn’t there and without that it was only just under £250 per month.

She called her aunt to ask about the mortgage not being there and was told that the insurance plan her parents had meant the mortgage would be automatically paid off as a result of both of their deaths. The will would be read out the next day so Emma had to get Amber ready for that and looking nice. After sorting out the bills she would have to pay from now on she went and found a nice little outfit for Amber and ironed it for her along with her own black trousers and white top for the big will reading in the morning.

Emma that first week became quite the homemaker, getting up hours earlier then she was used to and cooking up some bacon sandwiches for their breakfast and setting out orange juice in a jug and making toast. Conversation was minimal other then some half-arsed small talk to kill the silence that had taken over the house.

Once they had eaten Emma went to get dressed in her room and checked herself out in her mirror. She was slim, at only 5”6 and 120lbs she was definitely not fat and took pride in being so young and slender. Her skin was quite pale from not going out much other then the odd day at work and her obligatory nights out, usually 4 or so a week. Her breasts were a B but looked like a C at a guess, or at least she thought so anyway. Her skin was highly maintained to be clear and was another thing she took pride in. Emma had dark brown hair, which today was in a ponytail to the bottom of her neck. Her eyes were a deep brown that almost matched her hair so all in all she was a cutie.

Before leaving Emma got her some paperwork and stuff she was told she would need and collected Amber before their ride came. Amber was dressed and sat on her bed watching TV, or at least she had the TV on but whether she was watching the news was a different matter. Her sister looked pretty similar to her apart from being shorter, younger looking, having more ‘teenage’ looking skin and a different sense of style.

The ride over to the big office building didn’t take too long and everybody who was asked there were all dressed nicely. It was just family and a few close family friends. The will itself was very favourable to the girls. The house was all paid up and theirs and they each had £30,000 in the bank from the life insurance. It was that, photos and things of that nature, then a few grand was spread out for everybody else. The only catch was that Amber could only have £10,000 and the other £20,000 would be for when she turned 19.

As far as custody of Amber went Emma would be Amber’s legal guardian, but if she could not provide a healthy environment for Amber then their aunt and uncle on their mom’s side would look after Amber.

After filling in paper work the money got wired through to their accounts and would be accessible in a few days. With £30,000 Emma didn’t need to go and get a proper job right away, but after a little talk with her granddad about no frittering it all away because its not what her mom and dad would have wanted she decided to get a job and get earning her own money. This inheritance just meant she had a nice cushion and now no money worries.

They were home for lunch and Emma heated up another dish from a friend or relative for their lunch. Emma loved looking after Amber like this, cleaning up and cooking and washing cloths, but she knew it would lose its novelty soon. She got Amber to come down and eat with her instead of being alone up in her room like she was 23 hours a day. Amber was still silent and Emma was starting to worry about her little sister because she wasn’t venting anything in her head. But it was only the day after her parent’s funeral so maybe just a little more time would do her a bit of good.

Latest posts

Back