• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Tri-State Gluttony

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TallFatSue

Just when I think life can't get any goofier, it does. But in a good way. Last month I was in foodie heaven on the company nickel. :)

I'm an office manager in the Toledo area, but in May I went with some of our PR people to schmooze a major client in Philadelphia. It is unusual for me to be part of a major PR blitz to a client 500 miles (800 kilometers) away. Sometimes I visit clients in Ohio or nearby states that are within a couple hours drive, or help our marketing people give presentations, but mostly in a support role. :confused:

Now I know why I was recruited. One mover and shaker had visited our company months ago, and according to the grapevine, just before our trip he asked, "Is Sue Whatsername coming too? The big woman?" My boss's boss hustled over to my office as soon as he hung up the phone, and "volunteered" me to join the PR group! Our visit lasted 3 days, we wined and dined some major decision-makers and spouses, and Mr. Bigwig's wife was as fat as me. Aha! He just might be an FA! ;)

Our group went to some great restaurants in 3 states, and I sure put it away. Here's what I ate, and I still get a buzz just thinking about it: :eat2:

City Tavern Restaurant, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
http://www.citytavern.com
Main Course: Chicken Breast Madeira. Marinated & sautéed chicken breast, Madeira-mushroom demi-glaze, mashed potatoes & vegetable of the season
Dessert: Martha Washington's Chocolate Mousse Cake

Washington Street Ale House, Wilmington, Delaware
http://wsalehouse.com
Main Course: "The Pig is a Wonderful Magical Animal" - Homer Simpson. BBQ pork atop creamy polenta aside grilled andioulle sausage over fried green tomatoes with Guinness whole grain mustard dipping sauce & finally crispy scrapple atop truffle fried egg with melted brie cheese...
Dessert: Bailey's Flourless Chocolate Mint Cake

J. G. Cook's Riverview Inn, Pennsville, New Jersey (scenic Delaware River-front location)
http://www.riverviewinn.net/index_riverview.htm
Main Course: Broiled Crab Cakes. Our own special recipe made with fresh lump crabmeat, broiled to perfection and topped with sauce béarnaise.
Dessert: Chocolate Mud Pie

It was a good trip, but I almost felt I was recruited to kinda sorta be the middle-aged obese bimbo of our PR team, even though I conducted myself as a professional. :rolleyes:

But it's easy to twist my arm for that blissful chocolate buzz I got. :eat2:

Latest posts

Back