• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

tricky business, this fat acceptance. (discussion inside)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foolish Fool

i'm having some troubled thoughts that i don't quite know how to phrase. let me start from the beginning.
i know a girl named Annie. Annie is super cute, nice, and honest. Annie's got a good heart. Annie is fat. Annie is also shy and insecure. according to her, she'd be less shy and insecure if she weren't fat. now, i tell her she's pretty, and i tell her there's plenty of other boys who would feel the same.
she knows about NAAFA and Fat!So? and she kind of gets the concept of fat acceptance, but says it's not for her.
according to her, for herself, the key to her happiness is being thin. and according to her, she wants to be thin to please herself, not to please others.

now, what i'm trying to figure is:
is there any right or wrong here?
i mean, we all know it's possible to be healthy and happy AND fat.
is there anyway to make a girl of Annie's mindset (i know Annie isn't the only who feels this way) to "see the light" and realize happiness can be achieved at any size?
or is Annie just doing what's best for her?

i'm quite confused over this concept.

Back