• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Two Friends Helping Out

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Observer

Editor/Writer/Commentator
BBW, food, SWG - two high shool grads get a full-filling summer job

TWO FRIENDS HELPING OUT
"An Observer Tale"

Reading some of these fantasy gain stories reminds me of two older girls in my wife’s neighborhood. Their names we will call Betty and Jolene. Neither were especially thin or chunky in high school. At most they were size ten. That would change after graduation, by which time they were both 18. With a little writer’s license for detail here’s what happened:

Betty was offered a summer doing eldercare for a kindly but failing lady named Hazel with a slow-minded son, Jonathan, whose mental age was probably about eight even though I think he was over fifty years old. She had a working daughter, Suzanne, who could look after them at night, but needed someone to stay there during the day.

In order to have time for herself Betty suggested splitting the time with her friend Jolene. Suzanne thought that was a great idea because that gave her a buffer if she needed to work extra; each of them was to normally be paid fifty dollars a day for five hours, which could be adjusted between them or expanded as schedules demanded.

“Try and get Mom to eat what you can,” Suzanne requested. "The doctor says she needs to build up her strength. Jonathan likes to help in the kitchen, but needs supervision. You can spend what you need for groceries, but keep the receipts if you want to be reimbursed.”

From what she told our parents later, the first week took some adjusting. The first Monday Betty made cheese omelets with toast and jelly for breakfast. Hazel ate half a piece of toast and a few bites of the omelet but gave the rest back. Betty, who had already eaten hers, wound up having Hazel’s share as well. Jonathan at least was no problem – he cleaned his plate and offered to wash the dishes.

At noon Jolene showed up early with ice cream (it was very hot in Arizona) and they made Ruben sandwiches. Hazel ate a few bites but was more receptive to Jonathan’s suggestion that they have the ice cream. Betty and Jolene said sure – and he made three four scoop sundaes with whipped cream and topping plus a smaller one for his mom. All that was missing was bananas. Betty and Jolene were astonished but felt obligated to accept what he had done. The good thing they noticed was that Hazel finished all her ice cream.

Since she had nothing planned for the afternoon Betty stayed into Jolene’s time and they played a game of Chinese checkers with Jonathan. After she left Jonathan said to Jolene “Now maybe we can make a cake.”

Jolene looked in the pantry and found several cake mix boxes. She selected one and made a lemon cake with frosting. She gave Jonathan, herself and Hazel each a piece. Hazel ate about half of hers, but Jolene was pleased and finished off the half piece remaining. It tasted so good she then had a second piece for herself.

“What should we make for supper?” she asked Jonathan.

“Spaghetti – with meat balls,” he said.

She checked – there was spaghetti but no meatballs. “Sorry – but we have no meatballs. What about tomorrow night?”

“ OK,” he said cheerfully, “Tonight we can have the helper.”

“The helper?” Jolene replied.

“Yes,” said Jonathan took her to the kitchen where there was a Hamburger Helper box.

“Alright, “ Jolene agreed, “We do have ground hamburger. Let’s do it."

They prepared a meal of Hamburger Helper and mixed vegetables to share with Suzanne upon her arrival home. Suzanne loved it – and, except for a piece saved for Betty, they finished off the cake. This time Hazel, in addition to a small serving of the meat and noodles, also had some cake.

The next day when she got there at seven Betty asked Jonathan what we wanted for breakfast.

“Pancakes!” he exclaimed.

“Will your mom eat those?” she asked.

"No – she likes graham crackers for breakfast. But we have beef sausages and eggs to go with the pancakes – just like Leo’s.”

(Leo’s was a local family diner).

Betty gave Hazel a bowl of graham crackers and milk. Then she made the pancakes, sausage and scrambled eggs for her and Jonathan. On a whim she set aside a little for Hazel, who to be courteous ate it.

“Don’t forget your cake,” Jonathan told her when she was finished.

“What cake?” Betty replied.

“From last night. Jolene made it,”

“Oh, O.K. Well, I’ve just had breakfast – so I’ll have it later.” And around 10:00 she did.

Jonathan kept to his comic book collection and played on the Internet while she took care of the housework and laundry. Jolene showed up with the meatballs, a box of pastries and a half gallon of Almond Pecan ice cream around 11:30.

"What is all this for?" questioned Betty.

“I have an idea,” Jolene repied. “I noticed yesterday that Hazel has a bit of a sweet tooth – this might be a way of getting her to eat a little more. “

“Interesting” replied Betty, ”We still have some beef left. Do we want to go with Rubens again?”

“We could – but can I try some mashed potatoes and carrots instead? I think Hazel might eat it more readily.”

“OK,” replied Betty. And by 1:00 the lunch was ready. Hazel did in fact eat some of each of the items, and accepted a scoop of ice cream afterwards. This time the ice cream for dessert was dished out by Betty, whose servings I’m sure weren’t as aggressive as Jonathan had been. Once again they played games and at close to 3:00 Jolene told Hazel she had a surprise for Hazel – a jelly donut! But to have it she had to drink a glass of milk.

“But what about you?” Hazel said.

“Oh, we have some too,” she replied, opening the pastry box with three more jelly donuts and a variety of others. Betty had a jelly donut and took a maple bar before leaving. Jolene and Jonathan each had a jelly donut plus two more pastries as well, leaving a bear claw and two doughnuts remaining. Hazel had her milk and donut.

Jolene and Jonathan then made spaghetti and meatballs with green beans for supper. Suzanne was delighted – as well as with the ice cream served with dessert. She reimbursed Betty for the groceries and gave her some hundred dollar bills as a revolving grocery fund. Later that evening Jonathan took the remaining donuts for a snack but left a bear claw..

The next morning Betty gave Hazel her graham crackers and milk, offering her a bowl of mixed fruit as well. Hazel had both without complaint. Betty and Jonathan had fruit as well, along with scrambled eggs and toast. Later on Betty discovered and finished off the remaining bear claw.

Betty showed up with more ice cream and a store bought banana cream pie.

“Let’s see how this goes with soup and salad” she said to Betty. She made tomato soup and a tuna salad that included sliced hard boiled eggs. Hazel ate a bowl of the soup but only picked at the salad. Jonathan got to the ice cream first and repeated his Monday effort.

After what was now becoming a habitual game session Jolene surprised Hazel with the pie and a glass of milk. After reserving a piece for Susanne Jolene divided the remainder between Betty Jonathan and herself. After Betty left she and Jonathan made a large casserole for supper. Even with seconds there was casserole left over. Jolene, perhaps because she felt a little deprived at the absence of supper dessert, grabbed a DQ Blizzard on the way home.

Betty meanwhile was still thinking of ways to get Hazel eating more. If she liked graham crackers, what about soft Archway cookies? On impulse she got a package and the next morning, two hours after countering Jonathan’s suggestion of pancakes with French toast, offered two of them with milk to Hazel.

“You’re stuffing me, child,” the elderly lady exclaimed ”but I’ll try.”

Betty sat down and chatted with her, having four cookies and a second glass herself. Jonathan got some as well, of course.

This was Thursday and Jolene showed up wit a surprise – in addition to the ice cream she brought a variety of Tex-Mex food from Taco Bell. She also brought stew fixings to be simmered in the crockpot.

“No other treats?” complained Jonathan, who was by now used to daily pastries..

“Well there’s pudding mix on the shelf – shall I make that?” she asked. Jonathan assented and she made pudding as the afternoon treat for Hazel, which she did enjoy. Then she and Jonathan finished the rest.

Summer stayed hot that year, and the daily ice cream fest and other indulgences continued. Hazel gained seven pounds by summer’s end and Susanne was estatic; Betty and Jolene gained 12 and 15 respectively. I suspect Jonathan did too.

To hear Jolene tell it, my wife says, the effort to help out Hazel was what established the grazing pattern that laid the foundation for her later 20+ pound gain her first year in college, as well as the 35 more that would follow before graduation. And by now you've guessed that my wife's first name is Betty.

Latest posts

Back