• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

"U.S. history textbooks could soon be flavored heavily with Texas conservatism"

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weirdo890

I usually don't post on here, but this has gotten me incredibly angry and upset. Apparently, A Texas social conservative bloc is moving to change the school curriculum in their social studies classes. What they plan to do is change the history books by lessening the influence of Thomas Jefferson's writings on the Revolution, ignore the Civil Rights movement, and remove any historical figure from the books whose politics differ from theirs. Also, the changes whitewashes the influence of hip-hop and Hispanics in our country. :doh: Also, they're placing a much greater emphasis on the Judeo-Christian influence on our nation, without discussing the protection of religious freedom that the Constitution provides. :mad:

You can get the full story here:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts1253

I am really losing faith in humanity. Excuse me if I seem a little extreme, but when people like them can get away with changing the perceptions of history and spoon-feed it to kids, I lose my faith in human beings. :( I'm tired of this crap.

Latest posts

Back