• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

United Airlines New Policy for Large Passengers

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatchicksrockuk

☆
I noticed that United Airlines have a new policy for "passengers requiring extra space" (link below). I emailed the CEO with a few questions...I will post any response I get here!

"Dear Mr Tilton

I notice your airline now has a formal policy for large passengers requiring extra space:

http://www.unitedairlines.co.uk/core/english/SI/cpa/specialneeds/extraspace.html

I have a few questions:

1. Is the extra seat eligible to accrue Mileage Plus miles? If not, why not?
2. As you are now formally requiring large passengers to purchase an extra seat, do you have information as to which planes and which seats have movable armrests?
3. How is this policy compliant with the United Kingdom Disability Discrimination Act 1995 and the Americans with Disabilities Act 1990?
4. Is a discount offered on the second seat to reflect the lower cost to your airline i.e. one less passenger to process, one less meal to provide?
5. I am able to upgrade one companion to Economy Plus with my Premier status - I assume this applies if the companion is large?
6. Do you make available information as to which planes have disabled access bathrooms?
7. Do you follow the policy of other airlines of refunding the extra seat if the flight is not full?

I look forward to your response.

Yours Sincerely,

Fatchicksrockuk"

Latest posts

Back