• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Valentine's Day Dates

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butterbelly

Melting in the desert
Moore2Me's thread "Strange Valentine's from the Past" got me to thinking about strange dates I've had on or around Valentine's Day over the years. Soooo, being that I'm nosey and all, I want to know about your funny or strange Valentine's Day dates or experiences over the years.

Here's mine:

Several years ago, a co-worker of mine decided to set me up with this guy, Luke. He was best friends with her daughter, same age as me, and was a local college student. I had no idea what the guy looked like and she didn't have a picture to show me, but she informed me he was quite handsome with red hair and blue eyes.

I agreed to the "blind" date, and told my co-worker it was okay to give the guy my number. Luke calls me a couple days later and we plan a date together. He picks Feb. 13th. We agreed to meet at a local pub/food joint down by the college. He tells me he'll wear a UMKC sweartshirt, so that I can easily pick him out. HA HA HA!

I arrive at the place, I'm nervous as all get out, and I'm looking and looking for a guy with a UMKC sweartshirt on. I finally spot a guy sitting in a booth, all alone, with a UMKC sweartshirt on. I walk over, stand at the booth and say "Hi, I'm Rachel." The guy looks at me strangely and I'm thinking "oh God, this is not good, he thinks I'm dog ugly," blah blah blah...I ended up sitting across from him in the booth and he has still yet to speak. Finally, he says "I believe you're at the wrong table." Of course, I'm nervous and trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing, and if this guy is blowing me off. NOPE...up walks this woman who stands at the booth and looks at me, looks at the guy, and then looks at me again. This guy was there with his wife, who had been in the bathroom at the time...I'd definitely picked the wrong person. And to top off my idiotic behavior, the guy didn't even have red hair :rolleyes:

Of course, after my big embarrassment, my date finally walks in the door and by then I'm soooo ready to just leave. But I continued on with the date, and even admitted to the embarrassing story after I felt more comfortable.

Needless to say, I avoided blind dates around Valentine's Day after that.

Back