• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Velvet Rocks Paris Fashion

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fanofdimensions

Hey Everyone:

I wanted to post a link to something that may be of interest....it seems Velvet got a chance to rock the fashion world at Jean Paul Gaultier's 30th annual fashion show! Check out this link!

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/10/03/europe/EU_GEN_France_Fashion.php

In particular, is this paragraph:

For spring-summer 2007, he was inspired by the 1980s craze for aerobics. In Gaultier's hands, this meant high-heeled sneakers, dumbbells made from disco glitter balls and an overweight model in a corset who drew loud cheers from the audience.

So much for the debate about skinny models.

"Working out and aerobics are great, but it's also great that she feels good about herself. The important thing is to feel comfortable with your own body," he said, referring to the plus-size model. "There is beauty in everything, not only in the very thin."

This is so awesome! Velvet has been a good friend of mine for years and I'm just so happy for her - but also happy to see that even in size-intolerant France, there are chances to break the fashion fascism that says one has to be a size zero. Plus, Gaultier really does respect plus sized women and was really interested in making sure that Velvet was a feature of the show - not a sideshow. Kudos to Mr. Gautier.

I saw some pics at Yahoo News and they are FABULOUS! Now let's get all the great gals we have here at Dimensions on stage and continue this rocking of the fashion world!!!!!!

Back