• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Vitamin D and your health

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SocialbFly

I am keeping Tina!
I had blood tests and noted that my vitamin d level was severely deficient...this has been an ongoing issue for me, so i thought i would post some of the latest research here from Dr Weil (yes, MsVickie, i love him too!!) Not trying to scare us, but education leads to better health.

Need (another) reason to keep your vitamin D intake up? New research suggests that low levels of this essential nutrient can increase the risk of heart disease and stroke. Researchers in Utah followed 27,000 men and women over the age of 50 who had no history of heart disease. After a year, they found those with the lowest levels of vitamin D were:

1.77 percent more likely to die than those with adequate levels of vitamin D.
2.45 percent more likely to develop coronary artery disease than those with adequate levels of vitamin D.
3.78 percent more likely to have a stroke than those with adequate levels of vitamin D.
4.Twice as likely to develop heart failure than those with normal levels of vitamin D.
The study, from the Intermountain Medical Center, was presented at the Nov. 16, 2009, session of the American Heart Association's Scientific Conference. Dr. Weil recommends 2,000 IU of vitamin D per day.

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/TIP03585/Vitamin-D-and-Your-Heart.html

Back