Wedding gown/tuxedo shopping

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Barbsjw

How was everyone's experience with bridal and groom shopping? My dress was kinda tough, but I DID find a great dress shop in NH. Roger was pleasantly SHOCKED his tux was relatively easy to get (NOT inexpensive, just EASY)

Tracyarts

I had worked at a plus size bride, formal, and lingerie boutique so I knew which brands offered custom cuts. (They would have the factory cut and sew a dress to client measurements, not stock size measurements for a reasonable upcharge). And I knew which brands I liked best. So I called around and found authorized retailers for those brands and asked if they had any samples of dresses that I could get a custom cut of in my size and went and looked at samples and picked and ordered one. I did look at used dresses and just "pretty white dresses" first. But my mom demanded that I wear the over the top bridal magazine cover model style formal gown with petticoats, a train, and tons of lace and beads. And it was her money, so I gave her what she wanted. I actually still have the dress, it's so dated and tacky that it's unsellable though.

Latest posts

Group builder