• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

What a Female, Overweight Dr. Thinks of BBW/SBBW Women ~ I'm Furious!!!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MizzSnakeBite

Taking a Break From Here
Sorry so long, but you'll be speechless by what happened.....

OK, some of you might remember my post about my pain dr in the BBW IC thread. For those that don't, here's a review: 1) I HATE going. 2) Every time I go she practically berates me over my weight and the need to lose it. 3) I know I need to lose weight for my health, and I've told her that. 4) I know it's her medical duty to discuss health issues/problems she sees in me. 5) The main problem is that the *entire* time I'm there, she's all over me about losing weight. Going to her makes me miserable and feel worse about myself. 6) She won't do anything other than write me my two prescriptions until I lose weight. No other treatments until then. She holds that over my head to make me lose weight even though she knows I'm in pain 24/7. 7) I cannot go to another pain management doctor for a multitude of reasons. She's it.

OK, so here's what happened yesterday at my last appointment.....

I get weighed, I've gained (again ). She comes in and is all over me about my weight, that I'm miserable, that I'd get a better guy (than the one I was previously seeing) if I lost weight, on and on.

I spoke to her about the way I felt when she talked to me that way. She could care less.

She also said that if I didn't lose weight (and in large quantities) that she discharge me as a patient. Not because I was abusing my medication, skipping appointments, but because I wasn't being "compliant" by not losing weight. She said that she had another patient that lost 50lbs, and that she (the dr.) needs to lose 50lbs but cannot. WTF!!!! :confused:

Then get this....... She said all the women that weighed too much (I don't remember the term she used) and felt good and confident about themselves at such a weight were........BLIND!! :shocked: That they couldn't really be happy about themselves, find a "quality" mate, etc unless they were their ideal body weight (by medical standards). I couldn't believe she said that.......BLIND!!!! She said that as she was walking out the door........I was too stunned to say anything. So apparently to a female, overweight dr, fat women are blind if they think they look good, are confident, etc, that if you're fat and not losing, you deserve less medical care, and that fat women cannot get a better quality boyfriend/husband. I want to slap her.

The first thought that came through my head was of all the women on Dims that were happy with themselves. How she not only insulted me, she insulted a huge amount of women.

I don't know if this is "legal" to talk about this here, but here goes..... She sent me to a weight-management doctor once. He was also an internist, so I changed my PCP to him. He was a GREAT internist. As for the weight-management, I never once felt insulted, slighted, or in any way "less than" while seeing him. He treated me with respect and spoke to me with respect. I never left his office in shock and feeling worse about myself and my body. He always had a positive and caring attitude. I always felt better after seeing him. Unfortunately, he decided to stop taking my insurance, so I can no longer see him. :( I actually lost weight while I was seeing him.....maybe because I felt respect from him and didn't feel like I was an awful person for being big.

I am so angry. :mad:

Latest posts

Back