What Are You Listening To? Redux

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tanuki

Bear. Rawr~!
I Will Lay Down My Bones Among the Rocks and Roots - Wolves in the Throne Room

Tina

Older and wiser now
K.D. Lang, her anthology. She's been a favorite for years and sometimes I just have to listen to her. She's kind of like that comfy old sweater that you put on when you just kind of want to be nurtured and snuggly.

ThatFatGirl

Why am I still here?
I'm crazy about this husband-wife duo from Cincinnati called Ellery.

I made a playlist of their youtube videos from a 2007 performance. Check it out if you're interested: click here. The first song is great, but the singer's voice gets a little shrill sounding at points - not sure if she was completely warmed up and comfortable yet or if it's just the recording (so move onto another one if you notice it and it bugs you!).

There isn't a single song I don't like and their lyrics are deep and really resonate with me.

mszwebs

For The WIN.
Long Shot - Kelly Clarkson.

Alternating with

It's All Your Fault - P!nk

and

Radio - Beyonce

StarWitness

part square, part drape
The Jesus and Mary Chain, Darklands.

I have a bad habit of downloading albums much faster than I listen to them, so my current project is going back and listening to everything I acquired and ignored. I had a 900-mile drive with my best friend last week, and scrolling through my iPod yielded some surprises. "Who the hell is Phoenix? ...oh yeah, these guys!" I'm such a hoarder. :)

Latest posts