What did you buy today? Kitchen/Dining Edition

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

comaseason

Housewares
Comaseason is that a cookbook? That all looks very interesting and imaginative.
Yup, it's a cookbook with over 100 brownie recipes in it, all with full color pictures (I need pictures in my cookbooks).

I got 2 of the pans, if my experience with it goes well I'll give the 2nd one as a gift. The pan is really neat, the bottom lifts out so it'll be great for making really beautiful edible gifts.

I always bake or make cookies for gifts during the holiday season, but have always shied away from brownies or bars because they never really look pretty. Either I can't cut them right or I screw up getting them out of the pan somehow (you can only do so much with grease, flour and parchment)...so it'll be fun to do something new and unexpected for my peeps.

The recipe they have pictured is a brownie with a truffle on top. Which will work out good for me this year because it's my truffle/candy making year (I alternate years cookies or candy).

I'm babbling! But I'm excited. And apparently a dork as well. :D

JerseyGirl07093

Stick a fork in me
Flea markets are the best! I went to one today and hit the jackpot. :D
I still have to make sure that all the parts are there and in working order (it looks like it so far) and if they are I got some really good kitchen goodies for cheap!
I got:

Hamilton Beach juicer - $3
Presto Salad Shooter - $2
Presto Fry Daddy - $3
Krups Opti Pro - $3

The Fry Daddy looks like it might be brand new. Woo hoo! I wasn't even sure what the heck the Opti Pro did at first. I thought it was just a slicer/shredder, etc. but when I was reading the booklet I saw that it kneads bread dough too. That is what sold me on it. Well, that and the price. lol I figured I'd take a chance on these items for the price. I looked over them the best I could at the flea market and they looked pretty good. These things cost a heck of a lot more than what I paid for them!
I love a good deal! I can't wait to use them. :eat2:

IdahoCynth

Cockchafer
Flea markets are the best! I went to one today and hit the jackpot. :D
I still have to make sure that all the parts are there and in working order (it looks like it so far) and if they are I got some really good kitchen goodies for cheap!
I got:

Hamilton Beach juicer - $3
Presto Salad Shooter - $2
Presto Fry Daddy - $3
Krups Opti Pro - $3

The Fry Daddy looks like it might be brand new. Woo hoo! I wasn't even sure what the heck the Opti Pro did at first. I thought it was just a slicer/shredder, etc. but when I was reading the booklet I saw that it kneads bread dough too. That is what sold me on it. Well, that and the price. lol I figured I'd take a chance on these items for the price. I looked over them the best I could at the flea market and they looked pretty good. These things cost a heck of a lot more than what I paid for them!
I love a good deal! I can't wait to use them. :eat2:
Great finds! I hope they all work. I love my salad shooter though I mostly shred cheese with it :blush:

Chef

Galloping Gourmet
I haven't bought anything yet.. I've had another (YET ANOTHER) can opener break on me. I'm just about to buy an electric, but, I'm operating under the assumption that electric can openers are bad. I've no idea where I got this notion, but what do y'all use? :confused:

MisticalMisty

I haven't bought anything yet.. I've had another (YET ANOTHER) can opener break on me. I'm just about to buy an electric, but, I'm operating under the assumption that electric can openers are bad. I've no idea where I got this notion, but what do y'all use? :confused:
I have the opening station from Hamilition Beach.. LOOOVVEEE IT.

It's an electric can opener. It has a jar opener, a bottle opener and a blade to open those damn double plastic packages that I can never get into.

I like it.

JerseyGirl07093

Stick a fork in me
Electric can openers are so much easier!

Chef

Galloping Gourmet
I take it that Brenda likes her new food processor so much..

she's speechless

IdahoCynth

Cockchafer
I love the One Touch Can Opener

My kids bought it for me. Just make sure the batteries are always good. It is really hard to get the lid away from it if the batteries die half way through :)

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher
I love the One Touch Can Opener

My kids bought it for me. Just make sure the batteries are always good. It is really hard to get the lid away from it if the batteries die half way through :)
I was looking at that and thinking of getting it. I need a new can opener since my old faithful of a few years is beginning to not work so well lately.

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher
Last edited by a moderator:

Sugar

A new garbage disposal...be jealous...be very jealous. It's standard builder's grade and will never see daylight for another 10 years.

DitzyBrunette

Well, filibuster.
Bought something new and fun for my slew of holiday baking coming up...

Ooooh the Perfect Brownie Pan ~ I want that so bad! I don't get excited over cooking stuff, but baking stuff makes me happy. For cooking I use whatever pots and pans we have, the food comes out fine - but give me a cake decorating kit or a really good nonstick baking dish and I'm in heaven! I've wanted that brownie pan since the first time I saw the commercial, it looks so fun to use! Please post pictures when you finally bake something with it, I really want to buy it and I'd love to know if it works as well as it appears to on TV.
I also want the giant cupcake cake pan set, the one that makes a cake sized cupcake and you can fill the middle with whatever filling you want. It looks so fun to use.

Latest posts