What Happened to Kelligrl?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

voidhead

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2005
Messages
187
Location
justinsymbol,
Ok I'm probably really late with this, but what ever happened to the Fabulous Kelligrl?

She was absolutely drop dead gorgeous...what an incredible body.

Why did she quite modelling and close her site? Anyone knoW?
 

simon_squarepants

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2005
Messages
99
Location
,
Its this sort of up-to-the minute topical debate that keeps the weight board thriving LOL

While we're at it, whatever happened to that lovely President Kennedy? He was such a nice fellow - does anyone know why he quit politics?

Anyone?
 

UncannyBruceman

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2005
Messages
965
Location
,
This woman's presence always seems to haunt these boards at least twice a year, and very undeservingly.
To answer your question, Voidhead, Kelligrrl was somewhat of a pioneer for us. When I first came around here in 1999, there weren't many women who maintained personal websites, but she was one of them, and her weight gain was certainly a treat for all of us.
HOWEVER, she also ran a subscription magazine called Bulge. This was before the golden age of paysites, it was a different time back then. Anyway, Bulge had many subscribers, and all of them lost money when Kelligrrl decided to disappear off the face of the earth. Without warning, she closed her site, stopped putting our her magazine, and none of her customers were refunded.
At least that's what I remember, I was never a customer. She was pretty and some of her pictures were mezmerizing, but that all goes out the window when she virtually robbed her customers. Be thankful that we have the Big Cuties and the Big Fat Chics and the BBW Pinup girls and our collective Goddesses and everyone else and forget about Kelligrrl...Dimensions has moved on and upward without her.
 

altered states

señor member
Joined
Oct 2, 2005
Messages
1,376
Location
,
A bit more info: Kelligirl posed for the cover of BUF (a defunct bbw mag) in 1994, unnamed, with no accompanying photos inside the magazine. Readers freaked over her, but BUF, never exactly super-communicative with readers, stayed mum. That was it for 4 years until she popped up on the Weight Board, 100 pounds heavier, with her website and fanzine. She disappeared again in 2001, so she's due for a return any minute, provided the rumors of divine ascension or WLS aren't true.

Like many on this board, I was lightly singed by her disappearance - she still owes me 2 or 3 issues of Bulge. All will be forgiven though if she posts a current picture of herself at 600 pounds.
 

Obesus

Designated Fat Holy Man
Joined
Sep 29, 2005
Messages
2,009
Location
,
....over at the Bunion that it was alien abduction? LOL Actually, there was a very interesting post on a Yahoo club somewhere not too long ago that some lad had seen a woman out in a Western state that could have been a vastly slimmed-down Kelligrl....we do know that she moved West...who knows? I think it is clear that she probably did give up the gaining thing, which is probably why there was such silence. It was a blow to the gaining community, though, as well as a frammus to those who had given her money in good faith...there is a point where folks' private lives take precedence over their public persona and she certainly had a heck of a persona, but a simple communication would have saved so much emotional frammus and rumor! :eek:


tres huevos said:
A bit more info: Kelligirl posed for the cover of BUF (a defunct bbw mag) in 1994, unnamed, with no accompanying photos inside the magazine. Readers freaked over her, but BUF, never exactly super-communicative with readers, stayed mum. That was it for 4 years until she popped up on the Weight Board, 100 pounds heavier, with her website and fanzine. She disappeared again in 2001, so she's due for a return any minute, provided the rumors of divine ascension or WLS aren't true.

Like many on this board, I was lightly singed by her disappearance - she still owes me 2 or 3 issues of Bulge. All will be forgiven though if she posts a current picture of herself at 600 pounds.
 

Obesus

Designated Fat Holy Man
Joined
Sep 29, 2005
Messages
2,009
Location
,
Bully good attitude there! I think you hit the nail on the head...things have changed and it is a whole new world for FA's....Gaining Goddess and Natasha come to mind as women who have more than filled the gap left by whose-her-name! LOL
Thanks for putting it all in perspective! :bow:


UncannyBruceman said:
This woman's presence always seems to haunt these boards at least twice a year, and very undeservingly.
To answer your question, Voidhead, Kelligrrl was somewhat of a pioneer for us. When I first came around here in 1999, there weren't many women who maintained personal websites, but she was one of them, and her weight gain was certainly a treat for all of us.
HOWEVER, she also ran a subscription magazine called Bulge. This was before the golden age of paysites, it was a different time back then. Anyway, Bulge had many subscribers, and all of them lost money when Kelligrrl decided to disappear off the face of the earth. Without warning, she closed her site, stopped putting our her magazine, and none of her customers were refunded.
At least that's what I remember, I was never a customer. She was pretty and some of her pictures were mezmerizing, but that all goes out the window when she virtually robbed her customers. Be thankful that we have the Big Cuties and the Big Fat Chics and the BBW Pinup girls and our collective Goddesses and everyone else and forget about Kelligrrl...Dimensions has moved on and upward without her.
 

JMNYC

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2005
Messages
641
Location
,
Fascinated in the late 90s by Ms. K---I don't even remember where I heard about her---I purchased several issues of BULGE, which was a cheaply produced, photocopied 10 -or-so page affair with recipes and pics you couldn't really see too well. I exchanged several pleasant emails with Ms. K, and then, one day, she didn't return one, two, and then three emails, nor followup emails months down the line.

Here's an email address, which apparently still works in that mail sent here doesn't bounce back:

becauselifeisnotadressrehearsal@hotmail.com

Here's a link to her website as it is---no mention of weight gain, etc.:

http://www.geocities.com/kelligrl_/
 

Webmaster

Chief Emeritus
Joined
Sep 29, 2005
Messages
0
Location
https://www.facebook.com/conrad.blickenstorfer, Ma
UncannyBruceman said:
....Without warning, she closed her site....
Yes, that was too bad. Unfortunately, such sudden disappearing acts are not uncommon. In Kelligrl's case it's too bad I never featured her in Dimensions while she was around. The same goes for Brooke who twice inquired about being in Dimensions before she suddenly disappeared. The worst disappearing act, as many oldtime Dimensions visitors will recall, was when my own webmistress, Dani, suddenly disappeared without a trace. That was especially bad because she was the only one who had most of the admin passwords for the site, and she had been responsible for all the systems and code. So, apart from being quite concerned about what might have happened to her, the site took a huge hit. I also had considered her a friend, and felt quite betrayed.

It's perfectly okay for someone to decide they want their life to go in a different direction, but this disappearing without a trace and without warning is uncool and a pain.
 

fred_elliot

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2005
Messages
174
Location
,
I too remember KG pics from 1998 when i first discovered the Dimensons Board. I recall staying late at work and printing a huge amount of pictures in black and white as I had no internet access at home - and being terrified I would leave a print by mistake for a colleague to find the next day./.. Such exciting days, I was simply mesmorised by the beauty of the sumptuous bodies.

Does anyone actually know if Kelligrl is OK? Presumably she had close friends / acquaintances in this community. Hopefully she simply decided she had had enough rather than something unpleasant happening...

People may be understandably miffed, but imagine a dual paysite with Brooke and Kelligrl, a license to print money. If her prime motive was money and 'ripping people off' she could have generated huge subs from a paysite. So maybe there is more to it. Besides, I've joined some pretty poor paysites that are advertised around these boards without updates for months.
 

UncannyBruceman

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2005
Messages
965
Location
,
Obesus said:
Bully good attitude there! I think you hit the nail on the head...things have changed and it is a whole new world for FA's....Gaining Goddess and Natasha come to mind as women who have more than filled the gap left by whose-her-name! LOL
Thanks for putting it all in perspective! :bow:
Exactly. We've got so many more gorgeous gals feeding our fantasies (pun intended) that I often forget that Kelligrrl even had a webpage. You can find relics of her and Bulge all over Yahoo Groups, but you don't see too many people coming around asking about her, or expressing how much they miss her.
Of course, there are new people finding Dimensions everyday, so I try not to be rude. My message to them is that they simply came in at a much better time. Plenty of sultry ladies to admire now, and THEY ARE LOYAL TO THEIR FRIENDS, ADMIRERS, AND CUSTOMERS.
 

fatgirl33

Just doodlin'
Joined
Sep 29, 2005
Messages
889
Location
,
I disovered Dimensions in 1998, and there were two things that had a big influence on me: Melanie Bel's stories and Kelligrl.

At the time I was just over 200 lbs and felt like I was a WHALE, the fattest woman ever! Then I saw Kelligrl, this beautiful, confident woman at well over 300 lbs - it was a revelation! I loved her site and her journey, and it's a shame that she never said goodbye to give us all a little closure.

As far as the folks who didn't get all their issues of Bulge, well, I guess you guys didn't have any money in World Com or NorTel? I lost more money than that when MODE went under... :doh:

fg33
 

Littleghost

Oh, Frickenstein.
Joined
Sep 30, 2005
Messages
983
Location
,
Not to stir up any more trouble but I found an image of the out of stock issue.
November 1991. Those were better times indeed.
 

fatlane

Starting Arvist
Joined
Sep 30, 2005
Messages
7,684
Location
,
voidhead said:
Ok I'm probably really late with this, but what ever happened to the Fabulous Kelligrl?

She was absolutely drop dead gorgeous...what an incredible body.

Why did she quite modelling and close her site? Anyone knoW?

I ate her. She was delicious.


Next question.
 

Emma

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2005
Messages
3,863
Location
,
THAT'S kelligrl? That's the woman that everyone has gone on about for years?!?
 

1300 Class

Pam Poovey's Stunt Double
Joined
Sep 30, 2005
Messages
3,701
Location
South of the Tweed
Bit before my time, I caught the tail end of it, before she ducked off the radar. Never really paid that much attention to it. Ah, how niave and innocne back then.
 

fatgirl33

Just doodlin'
Joined
Sep 29, 2005
Messages
889
Location
,
CurvyEm said:
I really don't see anything great about her at all.
To each their own! Personally I can't figure out why so many people ogle Jessica Simpson, but they do... and more power to them, I guess.
 

BTB

a nut, but not just a nut
Joined
Sep 29, 2005
Messages
320
Location
,
The cover of that bulge issue is was brought me here in the first place and I am desperately trying for years to find somebody to scan issues of Bulge that way, we could also help those people who didn't get their issues. Of course her leave was not a good way to go, but considering the climate that sometimes is built here I can understand that she burnt all bridges.

Please somebody scan.
 
2

Latest posts

Group builder
Top