• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

What is it about a bash that makes it good?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lozonloz

OK, this post is basically coming off the fact that I didn't get to go to a bash this year because the best ones are in the US and transatlantic airfare is harsh. But I was thinking about the one I attended last year as the girls I had met were clearly having a great time this time round. :)

In Anthropology there's this book called The Tourist which outlines a theory behind the motivation for people travelling. The theory goes (basically) that people are searching for the authentically social that can't be found in modern society. So they're looking in other, foreign societies.

And I thought, when we attend a bash are we creating our own little society because we can't get the social contact we want from our own?

At a bash, I feel free and safe and sexy. Because in this little society that exists for a few days in a hotel somewhere, I know most people there aren't going to hurt me or shame me just because, and that the people that surround me aren't going to make me feel worthless. The little voice in the back of my head that tells me I'm not good enough goes and hides under a rock for awhile and I have the freedom to be myself without fear of reprisal.

It is absolutely bizarre how I didn't realise how inhibited I am by that fear until it wasn't there for a few days. Last year I really, really, REALLY didn't want to come home (crying may have occurred).

So I have this pet theory that a bash is great not just cos it's a break from work, or a chance to hook up, but because we have our own little pocket society where we exist as human beings and not amorphous blobs.

....Admittedly, this pocket society also involves being overtly sexualised fairly often, but if I'm not feeling for flirting I can just attach myself to some rocking BBW for chatting about rocking BBW stuff without getting kicked out of the pool by needle stares.

Thoughts people? Like a bash? Don't like a bash? Why?

Latest posts

Back