What is the interest level here in stories that aren't directly about feederism/weight gain?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

magodamilion2

I posted a story on here that began as a traditional weight gain/feederism story, but as I continued it, in my head it became less and less about that, and it started to be a slight effort to still make it sexy and appealing in that way. A lot of people on Fantasy Feeder, where I also posted it commented on the lack of that stuff.

But anyways, I finished that story in sort of a hurry, because it was too fun to write and distracting me from my work, but now that I have more free time I've started writing more of a it. Basically I've started writing a sequel, just because I got so invested in those characters and wanting to flesh out some threads I didn't get to finish and have them interact with new character ideas I have in my head.

So as I'm writing this, I'm feeling like this story might end up being barely a feederism story at all. It will still be on in some sense, because a lot of the central conflicts the characters deal with have to do with weight stuff, but it isn't the typical content that I usually enjoy reading on sites like these.

Would anyone still be interested in reading this? What are you thoughts generally on stories that are only tangentially related to feederism being posted here?

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
I'm not a mod anymore, but I'm still confident in saying:
- Feederism is 100% not required.
- Some sort of fat content is required (else why post at Dimensions?), but it does not even have to be fat erotica. Cool stories with one or more fat characters dealing with life should be fine (and I'm pretty sure we have some good examples in the archives, but I'm terrible at remembering title names.

Ffancy

I think FF is much more explicitly for feeder fetish things than Dims is, so you should be good to go here! Also a story that explores the reality of being a SSBHM/being an FFA with a SSBHM is extremely appealing, even if it’s not the usual spank bank consequence-free fantasy we often indulge in.

magodamilion2

Actually now that I think of it, one of my favourite stories here is Agouderia’s 525, which features a SSBHM trying to *lose* weight for a good portion of the story!

Ooh nice I've never seen that one before, and I do like her other stories. I will check it out! Good to know there are a decent amount of other stories here in a similar vein.

ODFFA

I'd actually love an even wider ;) variety of stories featuring voluptuous characters than the wonderful array we already have. Definitely doesn't have to be specifically feederism, WG or even fat-focused for my part.

For a long time now I've been toying with the idea of writing a fantasy-type story, kind of inspired by Elder Scrolls lore. There'd definitely be romance and quite possibly also eroticism, but aside from featuring a BHM-FFA relationship, I don't envision it being particularly driven by any of the characters' weight. But it's just a vague idea at this point. I also have some nagging guilt about an unfinished story I have laying around Dims somewhere, so we'll see haha.

stevita

like the pancake
I agree with Tad! As much as I personally enjoy feedism, not every story with fat protagonists needs to feature it or any kink elements at all. FF and ffambrosia are more the places where kink is more or less expected, but Dims seems to me like a nice place to suit everyone's fat-positive needs, whether that's fat kink or fat liberation. And sometimes as a reader it's nice to just sit down with a feel-good story about a fat character (or multiple fat characters) being empowered and getting to be the hero.

JackCivelli

I’m not up on official rules here as far as that goes, but I personally enjoy stories in general. I’m part of a writing group where I read other people’s stories daily and they have nothing to do with the fat kink.
Here on dims, though, I do think it should have something to do with fat, even if it’s not feederism. Even just a story that features fat characters, or just one fat character, fits in here just fine.

GrowingBoy

I'd be fine with a story where a fat person is a villain.

In the 1940s, Sydney Greenstreet was in a string of movies, including Casablanca and the Maltese Falcon, playing alongside the greatest stars in Hollywood. He was nominated for Best Supporting Actor for the role of Kasper Gutman (the "Fat Man") in the Maltese Falcon. It was his first movie, made at the age of 61. In the 1950s, he was in "The New Adventures of Nero Wolfe" on radio.

Kasper Gutman: Well, Wilmer, I'm sorry indeed to lose you. But I want you to know I couldn't be fonder of you if you were my own son. But, well, if you lose a son, it's possible to get another. There's only one Maltese Falcon.

Last edited:

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
I'd be fine with a story where a fat person is a villain.
A wider variety of fat characters would definitely be highly appreciated!

Going back to the original question: I think we still have 2 pretty distinct reader/writer cultures here in the Dims Library - but also in Fat Fiction more in general.

BBW stories tend to be more hands on feederism and weight gain/ while in straight BHM fiction there often is more story than just gain. I think this mainly stems from the differences in male and female reading and writing habits.

Here in the Dims Library the only rule in so far is that there has to be some fat element to the story.

Reactions: Tad