Will you date a transperson?

Discussion in 'GLBTQ' started by Cors, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Oct 7, 2017 #121

AmyJo1976

AmyJo1976

AmyJo1976

Just thought I'd say since this popped up. Dating a trans person would not be an issue to me. It's all about the person to me :)

2. Oct 7, 2017 #122

Tracii

Tracii

Tracii

If I felt a real bond and was in love with the person sure I would not have a problem with it.

3. Oct 8, 2017 #123

Iannathedriveress

Iannathedriveress

Iannathedriveress

Random Heroine

Dating a transwoman is no problem for me. Hell, I'm engaged to one. This saying as a transwoman myself.

4. Oct 10, 2017 #124

Lastminute.Tom

Lastminute.Tom

Lastminute.Tom

Write on!

I'm an idealistic hippy with my head in the love and tolerance clouds so I see all of us as genderless (or bi-gendered) spirits/minds inhabiting gendered vessel bodies I don't hear the word trans in the question I just hear the word person.

I'm really sorry if my words offend anyone, I just want to love you all in a giant cuddle puddle, I don't see anyone as different from myself, I identify as a bigendered/genderless person inhabiting a body that just happens to have male genitalia (I do have nice boobies though) ;)

Leishycat likes this.
  5. Oct 21, 2017 #125

LarryTheNoodleGuy

LarryTheNoodleGuy

LarryTheNoodleGuy

The answer is yes, I would.

Just like I have dated extremely skinny women as well as those well over 300 pounds.

It doesn't make a difference to me what equipment a person has.

And besides, like those who are fat or into fat people, a trans person is often more interesting, deeper, more compassionate, having been on the other end of derision. That's the person for me - someone who has "overcome."

And who is fun, funny, bright, loves animals and their mother, and likes to eat ice cream.

6. Oct 21, 2017 #126

omazna

omazna

omazna

Hi,my wife is trans so yes! However, we feel lonely because, we wish we can find another trans couple to hang out with. As for being married to a trans woman as a straight guy, I am comfortable with it. However, some men can't handle it. If you aren't willing to introduce your trans girlfriend to your friends, you should just forget the notion. It is not fair to the other person.

Am Jim likes this.
  7. May 31, 2018 #127

Maize

Maize

Maize

I'd have no issues dating a trans person at all. Some of the most gorgeous people I know are trans. I'd consider myself lucky to be involved with any of them. :)

DragonFly likes this.
  8. Jun 20, 2018 #128

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

Ahem Prema Global Moderator

I would absolutely consider it.

9. Jun 20, 2018 #129

BigElectricKat

BigElectricKat

BigElectricKat

You start the conversation and I'll jump right in!

Since I'm very interested in the "person" aspect, it would definitely be a possibility.

10. Jun 27, 2018 #130

extra_m13

extra_m13

extra_m13

that is actually a good question. i'm not sure, i would have to find a situation were i would have to think about it seriously but as a first thought i would say there are not many and therefore what is the need for it, but... could be, why not

11. Jun 27, 2018 #131

Maize

Maize

Maize

The estimates of the trans population in the U.S. (I'm not sure how many other countries gather statistics) vary between 0.58% and 3%. It can be hard to get a precise count because many people may not feel comfortable or safe disclosing that they are trans, and many people may not come to terms with being trans until later in life. However, if we shoot for the middle of that range and say it's about 2%, then that's still 7 million people in the U.S. alone. So it's not actually as few as it might initially seem. Also, if it's 2% then if you've met 50 people in your adult life, you've likely met at least one trans person.

Of course, it varies a lot between age groups, social circles, geographic locations, etc. I know a lot of trans people personally. Like, enough so that if I were starting over in the dating world, not dating trans people would be notably limiting my options.

12. Jul 22, 2018 at 9:50 AM #132

op user

op user

op user

I would have to say no. I feel the menstrual cycle is a part of the female sex that I find very interesting. I keep a tab on my SO's cycle (and try to offer the support she needs) and look forward to re-earn my red wings. Hence I can't date a trans lady because I would miss something I really like.