• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Work ethic vs guilt

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsGreenLantern

Keanu Drakula The Centaur
I've noticed something lately since I've been trying to fight off this mega mutant cold/fever for going on two weeks.

I feel guilty every time I miss work.

Is this good work ethic, or is this some sort of tired sickness related guilt trip I'm putting myself on?

It'd be one thing if I were making up the all night hacking cough, mucus overload, and barely being able to speak, but really... if you're really sick, should you feel bad about missing [what for me has been so far last week] two days of work?

Does anyone else feel this way about work?
Perhaps your parents programed you this way?

I know my mother tended to lay a guilt trip on me when I stayed home from school sick in high school. She probably thought I was always faking it... which I usually was. Maybe I worry my boss believes I'm faking it?

Thoughts and feelings on work/school/class absences and how you felt about it?

Back