• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Worst First Date Ever? Do tell!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suebeehoney

Hi All!

Thought I'd share a worst first date story and invite others to do the same - this could be fun!

(Please try to keep it positive - we're looking for FUNNY stories, not downers!)

Mine:

I met a guy online, talked for several weeks, and finally decided to meet him. He seemed nice, picture looked ok, and he seemed genuinely interested. So, we arranged to meet at a local park-n-ride lot and then go to dinner and a movie. He lived quite a distance away, but was willing to drive to meet me.

We met at the park-n-ride, and my first thought was, "oooookay - his picture was taken a LONG time ago, and from very far away!" I mean, looks aren't everything, but DANG! There was a huge difference from his online pic to how he looked when we met. Not weight - we're talking looks.

Trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, I decided to go ahead with our date, since he had driven so far. I had him get in MY vehicle (that was I was in control of where we went, etc), and we headed to dinner. We ate at Applebees. We get our menus, and his first words are, "Well, I'm not sure what I want to eat. I have IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME!" He went on to describe how he had to be careful what he ate, etc. - but, honestly, I couldn't get past the fact that he considered IBS a suitable subject for dinner conversation!! I was floored. I put on my best brave smile and forged ahead, determined to TRY and make the best out of this situation.

So what does he order? FAJITAS. With IBS. :confused:

We get our food, and I try to have a decent conversation, avoiding all mention of bodily functions and intestinal ailments. I ask what he does for a living. He's unemployed, and living with his parents. (He told me he was an engineer when we talked online.) I asked about the car that was in the online pic - a black Mustang. He said that was repossessed and blamed it on the *&*^$$& finance company. (He told me online that he owned it free and clear, no payments.) Desperate, I asked if he liked to read (I'm a voracious reader.) - he said reading was a "waste of time" and he "only read when he absolutely had to". :doh::eek: Oh, and kids? Hated 'em. Never wanted to have any, and didn't want a relationship with anyone who had any - not even adult kids or kids that didn't live at home.

DINNER OVER. DATE OVER. SEE YA! I just couldn't do it any longer! I very politely asked if he'd mind if we headed back home, that I'd pay for my dinner myself, and I'd like to end the night early. I paid for mine, he paid for his, and then he pouted all the way back to his car. And then, he actually tried to lean over for a kiss when we got there! Needless to say...that DIDN'T HAPPEN.

So, long story over....let's hear yours!

Latest posts

Back