X-Men Origins: The Blob

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

RVGleason

Has anyone seen the new X-Men Origins: Wolverine movie and how was the Blob in it? I plan to see the movie soon.

RV :eat1:

fatgirlflyin

needs a vacation
Has anyone seen the new X-Men Origins: Wolverine movie and how was the Blob in it? I plan to see the movie soon.

RV :eat1:

I saw it, the characher looked like every other character that had someone in a fat suit. I enjoyed the movie though.

Oirish

The Dude
To be honest, his character was nothing like in the comic and was completely unnecessary in the film. Rather than being a mutant whose ability caused him to be very large and strong, able to manipulate his own gravity, he was just a mutant with enhanced strength that developed an eating habit. They treated him like a joke and I thought it was in rather bad taste. There were a lot of characters that were unnecessary and detracted from the story. Once again, it is an example of a comic book movie where they tried to do too much in one film.

kathynoon

Jersey Irish BBW
They could have removed the scene and the movie would have lost nothing. It seemed a cheap way to make fat jokes.

Fangs

AmateurArt
Here's another viewer who thought it was a total let down. I agree with teh above posts.
It's probably one of the worst fat suits I've ever seen to top it all off :(
Too bad because I was really looking forward to seeing the Blob.

Wanderer

Actor at Extra-Large
Here's another viewer who thought it was a total let down. I agree with teh above posts.
It's probably one of the worst fat suits I've ever seen to top it all off :(
Too bad because I was really looking forward to seeing the Blob.
I've obviously seen worse fat suits than you have... it looked pretty good compared to some of the ones I've seen. That said, yeah. You'd think they could've gotten someone with some actual pudge on him, especially with Kelly Gneiting in the American Sumo League:

6'0", 420 lbs., all-American truck driver, and they had to use a skinny actor... why?