• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

You Are About To Enter A Fifth Dimension...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxiG

... Not one of time and space, but of the mind...

I was chatting with one of my new (and very cool, I might add) acquaintances from Dim yesterday, and we took a little detour into talk about the "strange"...

Specifically, we talked about things that skeptics (and I used to be one, in a very strict sense, a true agnostic) might claim are coincidence, or about which they would say we have formed subjective opinions that lead to unecessary supernatural conclusions. These are the kinds of stories that when you hear them, they make you say, "wow! That's amazing!" but yet you may not totally believe because you weren't there. You didn't experience it.

Over the years, I've run into enough "strange coincidences" that I cannot pass them off as merely coincidence colored with meaning by my own feelings and hopes, stuff that is just too strange. Specifically, I've had dreams that have then faced me a day or two later. My buddy here told me she experiences the same things, and more than that.

I was wondering if anyone has stories like this. It makes for great bar/coffee table conversation, especially on a cooooooold night like this here in New England!

My first offerings:

The earliest memory of this kind of thing, which I passed off as nothing but chance, came when I was eleven. I was an immense Doctor Who fan (still am!), and I dreamed that there were Dr. Who books on the shelves. The next day in school, a friend came to me and said, "Hey, G! Did you know there are Dr. Who books at Trow's bookstore?!" I remember the feeling of deja vu, of knowing I had just dreamed about seeing them on the shelves. But, of course, I was big fan, so why not just think it was coincidence?

A few years ago, I dreamed I was driving down a street that was once on my school bus route when I was a lil G. I hadn't been down that road for probably ten or fifteen years. The next morning, I had to get my Explorer to the repair shop, because its idle was too low, and if I let the RPM drop below a certain level, it would stall. It was an automatic, so frustrating when I drove, because I couldn't let the speed go below 35. Well, it stalled at a couple stop signs on the way, and finally, I was on my journey to the shop... Until I let it go below 35... And I had to pull off the road, and the road onto which I turned was -- yeah, you got it, that road from my dream. Here I was driving down the road I had dreamed I was driving down only a few hours earlier.

I will add more later... Lattace of Coincidence? Perhaps.

Or, for those who are fans of REPO MAN: Perhaps a "Plate O' Shrimp"!!!!

You decide!

All the best,

Maxi:cool:

TR-RodSerling.JPG

Latest posts

Back