• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

1st post. I had Wt Loss Surgery and it was worth it

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazeydazey

I had gastric bypass surgery on 10-18-05 and I'm doing great. I'm down over 80lbs with out any complications.

Wt loss surgery is more advanced than 5 yrs ago. When I went to a group meeting about having it done, all the facts were given to us. Death rate is <
1% . If it happens is usually happens within then 1st 30 days of surgery. Complications happen but very rarely, maybe like 1 in 5,000 or so. I have the facts.

I have no regrets that I had it done. If anyone asks me about it I tell the up front about my surgery and all the preparation I did before and what I'm doing now.

I found out about the surgery on a Obesity website in August, 2005, went to a meeting explaining about the surgery on 8-29-05, met the surgeon on 9-1-05, got insurance approval on 9-3-05 and had surgery on 10-18-05. It was so worth it.

People in this chat site are going to say negative things about it, they don't know about it because I'll bet most of them haven't had it done, so they don't know what they are talking about. I have and I say if any one wants to have it then go for it, you will feel and look so much better than if you didn't have it.

I have lost the 80lbs by following a nutrition plan that the nutrition dept gave me at my 1st meeting with them. It's something i'm going to have to follow for the rest of my life. I can eat whatever I want but only very small amounts. I don't eat alot anyways, if I want some kind of a sweet treat, it has to say sugar-free or no sugar-added. I have 1/2 cup of no sugar-added ice cream on occasion, but I have 2-3 popsicles a day which gives me my liquid for the day.

So to anyone that has doubts, i'd love to hear from if you have any questions or are thinking about having it done. I'd love to chat with you. Anyone else, don't post negative things about Wt Loss Surgery unless you have it done.

Thanks all for letting me post this,

lazeydazey

Latest posts

Back