2010-2011 NHL Thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

MattB

Caffeinated
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
Anyone want to comment on the Wisniewski thingy? I thought it was pretty funny, but he really should've gotten more than 2 games for it...Hjalmarsson should've gotten a stiffer suspension too. Typical NHL...:doh:

JMCGB

Anyone want to comment on the Wisniewski thingy? I thought it was pretty funny, but he really should've gotten more than 2 games for it...Hjalmarsson should've gotten a stiffer suspension too. Typical NHL...:doh:

No problem with 2 games for Wisniewski, I would have only given him 1 game and I agree Hjalmarsson should have gotten more than 2 games until I saw that he gets back just in time to face the Sabres again. I will be tuning in to that game!!!

MattB

Caffeinated
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
No problem with 2 games for Wisniewski, I would have only given him 1 game and I agree Hjalmarsson should have gotten more than 2 games until I saw that he gets back just in time to face the Sabres again. I will be tuning in to that game!!!

That's one of the issues I have with the NHL. I'm sure Campbell will be at the game to make sure nothing happens, but he could've given Hjalmarsson more games to take out the possibility of a bad incident. Having said that, I don't think anything crazy will happen necessarily because of the extra attention the game will bring. Hopefully...

JMCGB

That's one of the issues I have with the NHL. I'm sure Campbell will be at the game to make sure nothing happens, but he could've given Hjalmarsson more games to take out the possibility of a bad incident. Having said that, I don't think anything crazy will happen necessarily because of the extra attention the game will bring. Hopefully...

Totally agree with you Matt and I don't think any of the Sabres are going to do anything stupid either, but one of them is going to make Hjalmarsson drop the gloves and take an old fashioned ass whooping!

It's like beating a dead horse, but Campbell and Bettman have to go!!!

MattB

Caffeinated
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
Oi...another suspension...So how many games does Rypien get after shoving the fan in Minnesota? So far it's indefinite, but I'm going to say 10 games. He also had a sucker punch and shoved a linesman in those few minutes.

Of course if it had been a head shot he'd only get two games or so...

JMCGB

Oi...another suspension...So how many games does Rypien get after shoving the fan in Minnesota? So far it's indefinite, but I'm going to say 10 games. He also had a sucker punch and shoved a linesman in those few minutes.

Of course if it had been a head shot he'd only get two games or so...

I am with you and say at least 10 games. I didn't see the sucker punch or shoving the linesman but you can't go/reach into the stands after a fan. I mean there was only one 'Tiger' Williams, lol.

JMCGB

I am with you and say at least 10 games. I didn't see the sucker punch or shoving the linesman but you can't go/reach into the stands after a fan. I mean there was only one 'Tiger' Williams, lol.

Ended up being 6 so at least it was more than 5. :rolleyes:

MattB

Caffeinated
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
The Leafs are plummeting down the standings again...anyone else notice the universe returning to normal???

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
The Leafs are plummeting down the standings again...anyone else notice the universe returning to normal???

It is always a bit confusing in Ottawa….Autumn hits a bit earlier here than in Southern Ontario, so we are wondering why the Leafs aren’t falling yet. But sooner or later the natural cycle asserts itself ;-)

(also appreciating the Sens seeming to get their act somewhat together)

GTAFA

Haha that is kind of funny.
  • The economy of the western world is in the toilet.
  • China has the USA by its economic throat.
  • The USA are on the verge of admitting that yes Afghanistan IS just like Viet Nam and yes we'll get right on that last little helicopter out of Saig- oh wait a minute-- make that Kandahar.
But thank the lord, at least we still have the putritude of the Leafs to reassure us that the world is still spinning on its axis.

Wheww.... you had me worried for a minute there.

MattB

Caffeinated
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
Haha that is kind of funny.
  • The economy of the western world is in the toilet.
  • China has the USA by its economic throat.
  • The USA are on the verge of admitting that yes Afghanistan IS just like Viet Nam and yes we'll get right on that last little helicopter out of Saig- oh wait a minute-- make that Kandahar.
But thank the lord, at least we still have the putritude of the Leafs to reassure us that the world is still spinning on its axis.

Wheww.... you had me worried for a minute there.

I think we need to start a "Bring The NHL To Toronto" campaign...

On another topic, while in TO for work recently I made my second ever trip to the Hockey Hall of Fame. (First in about 14-15? years) It was a Friday morning, and the place wasn't busy at all. It was almost like having it to myself. Very cool! Still couldn't touch the Cup though...it just didn't seem right.

JMCGB

I think we need to start a "Bring The NHL To Toronto" campaign...

On another topic, while in TO for work recently I made my second ever trip to the Hockey Hall of Fame. (First in about 14-15? years) It was a Friday morning, and the place wasn't busy at all. It was almost like having it to myself. Very cool! Still couldn't touch the Cup though...it just didn't seem right.

Ah man, I haven't been to the Hockey Hall of Fame in a good 20 yrs. I was still playing youth hockey and we were in TO for a tournament. I still refuse to touch the cup, just one of those things you know?

MattB

Caffeinated
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
Ah man, I haven't been to the Hockey Hall of Fame in a good 20 yrs. I was still playing youth hockey and we were in TO for a tournament. I still refuse to touch the cup, just one of those things you know?

There was a guy that was in the main room with the Cup when I entered, and I swear he was spooning it...I couldn't touch it after that even if I wanted to.

JMCGB

There was a guy that was in the main room with the Cup when I entered, and I swear he was spooning it...I couldn't touch it after that even if I wanted to.

LOL... yeah that would've kept me away as well.

MattB

Caffeinated
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
Well, I guess it's been as exciting a season for everyone else on here as it has been in Ottawa...but at least we should get a lottery pick this summer...

It's never a good thing when your team is talking rebuilding, and the coach and GM get the dreaded "vote of confidence", all before the All-Star Game but I think it's long overdue up here. We have some nice prospects on the way, so maybe a stinker of a season isn't so bad...

How is everyone else enjoying the season? I have to say, I loved the HBO 24/7 documentary on the Pens and Caps...

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
2010-2011 season summary (speaking as a Sens fan): :doh::doh::doh:

I'm just hoping that they somehow manage to trade Gonchar and Kuba, but who would take them at 5.5M for two more seasons and 3.7M for another season respectively? Certainly to move those contracts you actually get less talent in return, or have to eat some other overpriced player in hopes that you can get them to turn it around.

I like Murray's drafting, but his free agent signings have been pretty bad, and his trading mediocre.

For the NHL as a whole: all the excitement is out west. I've never seen this much imbalance in the league. I assume this might sort itself out eventually. Although it would help if Atlanta got moved to Winnipeg (joining the western conference from the eastern), and to balance that out Detroit got moved to the East. I think that competing with Detroit on a regular basis would cause a ripple effect throughout the eastern conference.

hrd

despite the lousy amount of travel involved, particularly post-season, i'd (selfishly) prefer the wings stay in the west for now - though i do agree about the extreme degree of east/west imbalance - i really thought it would have shifted back toward middle by now - it's been 20 years since the premature expansion of the league began (was it really necessary to sell hockey to warm-weather america?), and i guess it's still not sorted itself yet - thank you mr. overly inept bettman - seriously, how is this man still working?

Mishty

aluminum petunia
I'm excited I get to watch NHL this year on Center Ice, last season I was stuck with a few games on ESPN, but my neighbor is from Detroit and got the package, which means hockey every day. :bow:

bruins.gif

Shawn Thornton needs to do for us what he did for the Ducks '07 dammit.

MattB

Caffeinated
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
ALL-STAR GAME!!!!!

Does anyone care less about the All-Star game than I do? I doubt it...:D

I'm kinda pleased that Ottawa will get to host it in 2012, but strictly from a local business standpoint. Really, I have somewhat fond memories of watching the game growing up, but we had like 10 TV channels back then...It was either that or Love Boat reruns.

Yawn...a week without hockey. Meh...

Latest posts