• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

236 lbs. weight loss question

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butch

cuddly, hairy, and fat
This isn't really about WLS per se, but I'm curious what others think about this:

I was watching TV yesterday and a commercial came on for a diet company. From what I gather, it is a company that brings already made, fresh meals to your door everyday. A pricier, and probably tastier, alternative, to Nutrisystem and Jenny Craig meals.

In the commercial, they have customers speaking about how great the meals are, how easy it was to lose weight while eating the company's meals; the standard diet testimony speeches. One of the customers is a guy who lost 236 pounds in 10 months. His 'after' pic looks like he weighs under 200 pounds, and he doesn't look fat, so I'm guessing he must have weighed in the mid 400's before the weight loss.

Here's where my questions come in-have you ever heard of someone losing that much weight in that short of a period who hasn't had WLS or been on a liquid only diet (or some other shake-only diet)? If so, how little a day must someone eat to be able to lose that much weight in less than a year? And how much exercise must accompany that rapid a weight loss?

I'm not asking because I want to follow his example, I'm asking because I'm quite floored that someone could lose that much weight eating three meals a day of 'real' food. The only people I've ever heard of who could lose that much weight in such a short time without some sort of WLS or drastic cut in calories are the people who weigh 800 pounds or more.

Also, I want to be clear that I'm looking for people's opinions, and not trying to start a polarizing thread. If my expectations about what various forms of weight adjustment will produce are wrong, then hopefully this thread will help me see how it would be possible for the gentleman to lose so much weight in such a short time. That being said, reasonable debate is OK, I think, even if that isn't my intention in asking these questions.

Latest posts

Back