• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Actors Playing Fat

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pattycake

Wishin' 4 A Squishin'
I'm sure this issue has probably been done to death on these boards but I feel it's time to 'go there' once again...
After seeing pictures of a plumped up Jared Leto playing Mark Chapman and hearing about Vin Diesel gaining 30lbs for a part and Oliver Platt in his fat suit in 'Casanova', I've started to get angry.
Surely if a character is overweight a large actor could play the part. But that would mean large actors in LEAD roles and we can't have that! So a pretty boy/girl gains weight and is seen as some kind of method acting genius and steals a part a large actor could play. Imagine if they got a white actor to 'black up' to play Muhammed Ali...
Why have Renee Zellwegger as Bridget Jones? If you can't have an English woman in the role at least have someone who is naturally that size (which isn't even fat, just average, below even.)
I saw this thing about actors wearing fat suits with regards to the film 'Just Friends'...

www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1514229/11212005/story.jhtml

If we must have these insipid rom-coms, let's have a real bhm/ffa one. Not one where he loses loads of weight and becomes stereotypically 'gorgeous' (he's not Brad Pitt in a fat suit!). Nor a male lead who's just 15lbs overweight. And it should deal with the realistic issues of a bhm/ffa situation; she likes him but he may have issues of trust or shyness or lack of confidence or she may be conflicted about her ffa feelings etc. But she gets him in the end and he's played by a real BHM actor who can get his name in lights for a change. I know it wouldn't 'test well' with mainstream audiences, but looking at the number of us ladies on this board, I know there'd be some kind of market for it.
Here endeth the rant!

View attachment JaredLetoAsMarkChapman.JPG

Back