Alan Rickman

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

GoodDaySir

has died. Damn.

I loved him in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. He was a badass, but still bumbling Sheriff of Nottingham.

For a whole generation, he's simply Severus Snape. How cool is that?? Action fans loved him as Hans Gruber, rom-com fans loved him in Love, Actually.

What an incredible career he had. Sad that its over.

RIP Alan. :bow:

luvmybhm

waiting for spring!
i do think that anyone in their 20's and below really only knew him for snape. it is a shame really, he was so good in every movie he was in.

my favorite role was in truly, madly, deeply. it was the first time i had seen him as 'the bad guy who may just be misunderstood' at the end of the film, he taps into a sweet emotion.

i do hope that in his passing, some of the younger folks that only know him from potter take the time to watch some of his older films.

GoodDaySir

For quite a few years during my childhood, I watched Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves RELIGIOUSLY. Alan was great as the Sheriff, cause he was kinda scary and mean, but also an idiot, and some of his scenes were just hilarious.

He was also a major role in Michael Collins, as Eamon De Valera, a HUGE political figure in Irish history and a major contributor to Ireland's independence. I love that film so much.

Although his character cheated on his wife in Love, Actually, one still can't help but root for him, hoping they find happiness in the end.

A few nights ago, my roommate and I watched Galaxy Quest and nearly died laughing at his dry humor and hilarious lines. That movie is straight-up comedic gold for Alan.

I grew up with the Potter books and movies and although Snape was never a personal favorite (the books had me fall in love with Lupin and Gary Oldman made me fall for Sirius), Im still in awe of his performance as the surly, curmudgeon of a Potions teacher. He definitely grew with the character as the movies went on, and in the end, it was PERFECT casting.

Its sad to see your favorite actors/musicans/artists leave this life. Its a reminder that NO ONE is immortal (except Keith Richards. Damn.)

Still a Skye fan

Normalcy is overrated
So sorry to hear of his passing, I've been a fan of his for many years...probably since watching DIE HARD in the theaters, which must've been the first time I noticed how GREAT he was.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Yes, losing both Bowie and Rickman in the early days of 2016 has been tough:(

Dennis

Cobra Verde

Lupus Dei
By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Warvan, he shall be avenged.

*runs and tackles cancer*

Latest posts