BHM Energetic Expansions ~BHM, ~~WG

Discussion in 'Weight Fiction General BHM/Mutual Archive' started by agouderia, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Jul 6, 2016 #141

agouderia

agouderia

agouderia

Library Girl Global Moderator

I know it might come as a surprise or even disappointment to readers that I did not take the story all the way through with the lawsuit going to the ECJ.

Originally I had planned that when the ruling came out in late 2014 and I started writing. The more I looked into the issue though, the less plausible that course of events seemed.

That a private sector weight discrimination case, especially one involving a US company would actually go all the way to the ECJ is plain unrealistic. The only ones there have been all were public sector/civil servants - where the option of high payouts doesn't exist. In turn, winning in court means you get your job back, and then in a tenured version.

Companies will always try to avoid the publicity of such a case in court. While even a victorious employee, see Bosman, will have ruined his/her chances of gainful employment in the field often for life.

Since this story has a real life backdrop - I chose to stick with it for plausibility reasons.

2. Jul 6, 2016 #142

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

shhhhh!

It is just perfect; no need to justify anything. Let us wallow in post-fictional bliss without worrying about mundane practicalities ;)

3. Jul 7, 2016 #143

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

I'm really enjoying this story, but the last few chapters have felt a bit different. I am not sure if it is because the tempo is changing, but it 'tastes' a bit different. Like, there is dialogue, but without descriptions of the environment and emotional context wrapped together. Instead, there is heavy dialogue back and forth, then description being separate. It isn't a bad thing, but it just reads a bit differently.

4. Jul 18, 2016 #144

agouderia

agouderia

agouderia

Library Girl Global Moderator

Thank you for the feedback - and I see what you mean.

For one it certainly is the problem of working on one story over a too long period of time.

Then I was worried that the rather legal-technical questions these last chapters have been about would be too technical and thus boring. So I attempted to try and do deal with more of that in dialogue interaction - and probably overdid it. Because you're right, reading to long dialogue passages tends to be rather tedious.

I'll do my best to solve the problem in the final two chapters of Alex's story.

5. Jan 3, 2017 #145

fat hiker

fat hiker

fat hiker

"I'll do my best to solve the problem in the final two chapters of Alex's story."

Final two chapters? Please?

6. Feb 2, 2019 #146

BriarChubNJ

BriarChubNJ

BriarChubNJ

More please... :)

7. Feb 2, 2019 #147

bigisland

bigisland

bigisland

Great to reread this story you write beautifully with Great compassion for the characters.
    I would still like for you to finish the story you had on your damaged thumb drive